Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a little late to the party but our fall was so nice that I kept putting off getting my rig winter ready. Then, we got a 9" dump of heavy stuff and I spent several days cleaning my tractor up, doing the 200 hour service and installing it's winter battle gear. I was pleasantly surprised with the ability of this tractor to move the snow. We had packed the stuff down pretty bad on the mail cement pad area outside the garage and I was afraid that I would have to wait for a warm up to melt the pack away but I was able to scrape the packed snow clear with some down pressure and tactful approach. The cab heater is the cat's meow and I was actually plowing with no gloves and no coat or jacket. I am impressed. Ear protection is a must though, it gets pretty loud in that cab with the engine noise and hydro, etc. I did manage to put together a "quickie" solution to the sooty startup and blackened plow/blower/green stuff at the front of the tractor. I fab'd together a couple of pipes I picked up at a local auto parts store and even rigged an exhaust hose to keep the sooty and stinky warm up out of the garage. It works like a charm and I will have to change the exhaust around once I put the loader arms back on come spring. For now, I'm just as content with this setup as I could be. I'll attach a few snaps to help illustrate my setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
welcome from south western Pa. boy do i like ur exhaust pipe stack u have going!:bigthumb: and ur weight box on rear. it all looks good! :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Welcome from Illinois that is a great looking machine. I like the exhaust pipe. Good lick:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,086 Posts
:wgtt:From The Pacific NW - Oregon!!

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts
Reactions: DRobinson

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice! Welcome from Tennessee!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
223 Posts
The exhaust route to outside idea is excellent. Let it warm up in the garage and then be plowing right as you exit the door. I wish I hadn't chucked my old pool vacuum hose!

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
J. White you need to show closeup of the exhaust pipe and where you got the parts.!!!:good2:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The hose is a performax shop vac hose and I'll post a pic of that. I got it at Menards and I think it was about 20 bucks. I kind of just planned it to be a test and if it worked really well I thought I might buy a section of the correct exhaust pipe hose but so far, this hose works so well, doesn't get too hot so I may be able to just stick with it. The fitting on it fits the little "stack" perfectly. On the pipes, they are two separate pipes that I welded together but you wouldn't have to weld them, there is a flange that fits them together ( see bulge in pipe ) and another clamp could simply be used there. I will swing by my parts store and photo the two pipes labels with part numbers intact so that anyone that may be interested can try to locate the pipes locally to them. Again, I'm fairly sure that I will have to change the direction of this when I put the loader arms back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Why do you have your FEL support on upside down?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sweet setup!

A genuine snow killing monster!
Good luck. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Why do you have your FEL support on upside down?

Good catch Fred! I was actually considering leaving the loader brackets on for the winter but the left one would obstruct the view out the little lower cab window so I flipped them just to see what it would be like. The more weight the better for moving snow right? Well, I opted out of that idea as you can see in the photos of everything all together.

Sadieville, If my memory serves me correctly, I think I may have worked in Sadieville on a roofing project with my Pop back in 1980 or so. We lived in Bath county Kentucky back then and my Dad recruited me to work with him one summer with a commercial roofing company out of Winchester Kentucky.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Small world, isn't it. Nice setup and enjoy the winter with it.

Reactions: Drifterbike
1 - 16 of 16 Posts