Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished my rear ballast today. I bought a 55 gallon drum for $10, a cat 1 draw bar and 6 bags of 80# concrete mix and some rebar. Cut the drum down to 22”, drill a hole then cut out more for the draw bar. Welded the draw bar in place. Then filled it with the concrete with rebar throughout. It should weigh around 500#. Put the bushings that came with the imatch on it and it fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
Awesome 👍

·
Registered
624 Posts
You just have me a great idea for a lawn roller!! Very nice!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Great idea. Except for the welding I can make that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Be carefull when you unhook it........Maybe all your ground is flat.

Never seen one done that way but it looks fine and may function as a roller too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The drawbar sticks through on the other side (the bottom). I cut a hole to allow it to fit through so it sticks out the same distance on both ends. I welded it in place to the bottom of the drum. Then filled concrete around it.
Yeah I'm in the panhandle of Texas, it's very flat. I'll modify a pallet to make sure it can't roll off and store it there just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
A thought.....when the concrete has set good.

Trim that edge back to maybe a 1/4" high above crete level and gently peen it over onto the crete with a tiny hammer , earmuffs,a couple beers or patience...

Your shins will thank you one day.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You just have me a great idea for a lawn roller!! Very nice!!!
it would make a good small roller setup ....would definitely need to work out some kind of grease bushing or bearing setup at the hitch pins it wouldn't take long to cause some significant wear if you used it much

1 - 10 of 10 Posts