Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
On my 1026R I have to have the PTO selection in rear only, get off the seat and THEN engage the PTO switch

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sorry, I forgot the Parking Brake, I am so use to setting it when ever I get off the tractor, I forgot that requirement

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
256 Posts
Sorry, I forgot the Parking Brake, I am so use to setting it when ever I get off the tractor, I forgot that requirement
That's the sequence for me. If the rear PTO is running and you are on the seat, it will stop when you get off the seat. But, if you started without being on the seat, it will run. But like you said, only with the parking brake on.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The correct sequence is is your manual.

I believe it's:
Set the parking brake.
Select rear PTO only.
Put the range selector in neutral.
Get off the seat.
Then you can engage the PTO when ready.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The correct sequence is is your manual.

I believe it's:
Set the parking brake.
Select rear PTO only.
Put the range selector in neutral.
Get off the seat.
Then you can engage the PTO when ready.
This sounds right. I am not sure if you need to be on the seat when the pto is first turned on. I do remember it has to be done just right or the tractor shuts off. It’s been a while since I have run the pto while I wasn’t on the tractor.

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Registered
2018 1025R, 120R loader, 60D MMM, grapple
256 Posts
This sounds right. I am not sure if you need to be on the seat when the pto is first turned on. I do remember it has to be done just right or the tractor shuts off. It’s been a while since I have run the pto while I wasn’t on the tractor.
I believe you can't be on the seat when the PTO is first turned on, that will cause the tractor to shut off when you get off the seat.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
That is correct, engage the PTO while on the seat and you will stay there if you want the tractor to keep running. 1. Set the Parking Brake. 2. Place PTO in Rear Only. 3. Transmission in Neutral. get off the seat and 4. Engage the PTO.

Reactions: DaveDelux

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice! All this time I've been putting a rock in the seat :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts