Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be getting a Cyclone Rake for my new (Yay!) 1025R. I was going to install a receiver hitch to attach to the CR. Any recommendations for one that won't interfere with the backhoe when it's on?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
16,785 Posts
None of them do...
That is your asking about the one from Heavy Hitch or Mudd's Customs.

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
13,770 Posts
:dunno::dunno: Takes 3 mins to remove BH and maybe 3-5 mins to install ...

·
Registered
925 Posts
Why do you need a receiver hitch for the CR? They sell a 3 point hitch adapter. I have one, and it works perfectly.
Remove backhoe, install 3 point hitch, and suck the leaves. Boom.

In fact, I am not even sure that a CR will be able to hook up to a receiver hitch.

·
Registered
531 Posts
:dunno::dunno: Takes 3 mins to remove BH and maybe 3-5 mins to install ...
Good for you :unknown:

It takes me double that and only when the work is well lubricated with a few choice words! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
704 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As mentioned, they make a 3-pt hitch adapter for $110 https://www.cyclonerake.com/3-point-hitch-adapter/

Alternative to a frame-mounted 2" receiver hitch like the Heavy Hitch drawbar hitch, there are a wide variety of 3-pt and Quick Hitch/iMatch 2" receivers from a wide variety of manufacturers that can be mounted, giving much more convenience and flexibility than the drawbar-mounted 2" receivers.

Wouldn't the receiver hitch be faster than reinstalling my 3 point hitch each time I need to use it?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Wouldn't the receiver hitch be faster than reinstalling my 3 point hitch each time I need to use it?
Sure, but the Heavy Hitch 2" receiver mounts to the drawbar on the tractor and therefore sits pretty low. Does CR make some kind of adapter to facilitate using a 2" receiver for attachment, and will you have to find a way to match heights?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure, but the Heavy Hitch 2" receiver mounts to the drawbar on the tractor and therefore sits pretty low. Does CR make some kind of adapter to facilitate using a 2" receiver for attachment, and will you have to find a way to match heights?
Good questions. Attached is the only thing I've found.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't think the CR can attach to a receiver hitch. Keep in mind the CR concept, it does not jack knife. That is a huge selling point for them. I cannot picture a receiver hitch that does not jack knife. I looked on the CR website and didn't see anything about a receiver hitch.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's really interesting, I don't think they had that before.
BTW, thank you for this topic. It reminded me to order a part that I need for my CR. :good2:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Cyclone rake DOES make a receiver hitch adapter, and unlike the 3 point hitch adapter, it is a no-cost option when purchasing the cyclone rake.

There is no height issue when connecting to the heavy hitch rear receiver hitch plate, and that receiver clears the backhoe nicely.
(it even clears it when a stinger is left in place and used to chain the 1025R down with the backhoe in place - the reason I bought mine in the first place!)

The advantage of the receiver on the plate is that it doesn't move when you raise/lower the mower (assuming no independent mower lift).
There is also a lot of torque transferred to the receiver when you turn with a fully loaded cyclone rake, and this transfers it directly to the frame
instead of a twisting motion on the three point hitch.

Cyclone rake ALSO makes a 1.5 inch receiver adapter, which can be used to connect to the hitch on the back of a Gator - I have both, and have used them
at various times. (The gator with cyclone rake and long pickup hose is great for digging into deep flowerbeds/planted areas you don't want the tractor in,
or where you need the loader bucket or backhoe around at the same time for shrub relocation/removal)

(The cyclone rake receiver hitches basically connect a wide, flat plate to the receiver, and then you connect the CR to the back of that plate.)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Good for you :unknown:

It takes me double that and only when the work is well lubricated with a few choice words! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not able to roll my backhoe around because of the surface, so it can be a challenge to get the tractor lined up with the bottom pins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cyclone rake DOES make a receiver hitch adapter, and unlike the 3 point hitch adapter, it is a no-cost option when purchasing the cyclone rake.

There is no height issue when connecting to the heavy hitch rear receiver hitch plate, and that receiver clears the backhoe nicely.
(it even clears it when a stinger is left in place and used to chain the 1025R down with the backhoe in place - the reason I bought mine in the first place!)

The advantage of the receiver on the plate is that it doesn't move when you raise/lower the mower (assuming no independent mower lift).
There is also a lot of torque transferred to the receiver when you turn with a fully loaded cyclone rake, and this transfers it directly to the frame

Cyclone rake ALSO makes a 1.5 inch receiver adapter, which can be used to connect to the hitch on the back of a Gator - I have both, and have used them
at various times. (The gator with cyclone rake and long pickup hose is great for digging into deep flowerbeds/planted areas you don't want the tractor in,
or where you need the loader bucket or backhoe around at the same time for shrub relocation/removal)

(The cyclone rake receiver hitches basically connect a wide, flat plate to the receiver, and then you connect the CR to the back of that plate.)
I configured an XL on the CR website. The only hitch options I see are standard and 3-point. The standard hitch is the plate that bolts to the back of a garden tractor.
What is the part numbed of the receiver hitch?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Awesome information. Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nice! That could solve that problem, but only if a) the heights match and b) the shaft on the adapter is long enough.

These hitches that mount on the drawbar are kind of tucked under the back. The question would be whether that CR hitch adapter in the 2" receiver you mount on the drawbar of your tractor would attach the CR too close to the rear of your tractor.

If not...I'm confident that a competent welder with an imagination can make it work, either by providing an extender of some kind between hitch and CR, or some kind of height adapter, or both. My first thought would be to fabricate that mounting plate and then weld it to a drop-hitch mounted upside down to match the height so that the CR would be level and still be able to swivel.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts