Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice video! I just had to run out to the garage and check..... I'm missing the front line holder. I have only the rear one. I guess I'll have to look into this..

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't think I have either one of those brakets... LOL I have single bracket (useless) that is attached to the FEL.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I have either one of those brakets... LOL I have single bracket (useless) that is attached to the FEL.
There should be 2 on the right-hand side. Although, maybe I have two because I also ordered the 'snow blower' attachment with mine, and I know the hydraulics thread through both of those curly cue retaining hooks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just got back from the dealer. They had one, #M145430. I stopped at the hardware store for a 8x30 metric bolt, a couple of washers and a lock nut.... Oh, and I sort of did what you did, I covered the end with a plastic cap that I found down in my basement in a box of wire shelf accessories.

I probably should have had 2 of them from day one as I ordered the 47" blower when I purchased the tractor....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got back from the dealer. They had one, #M145430. I stopped at the hardware store for a 8x30 metric bolt, a couple of washers and a lock nut.... Oh, and I sort of did what you did, I covered the end with a plastic cap that I found down in my basement in a box of wire shelf accessories.

I probably should have had 2 of them from day one as I ordered the 47" blower when I purchased the tractor....
That is interesting that there wasn't a second one.... which one did you lack? The forward one or the one closest to the foot platform?

Also: The easiest way to cap those sharp 'curly-cue' ends is with a 'white' rubber screw cap from Menards.... I believe they are 1/4" ID.... and they fit perfectly. I initially used them, but just couldn't bear the thought of not having a John Deere green cap...hahahaha.... so, the 5/16" green screw cap is a little tight and difficult to get on over the 3/8" OD clear tube.... but they do stretch and you can get it to fit.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I was missing the front one.

DSCF7526.JPG

·
Registered
61 Posts
I actually did this after reading the helpful description. I spent over an hour trying to get the hose onto the retainer without using a lubricant. It took about 45 seconds after I put some dish soap on it. Most things I attempt to do, fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts