Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
A friend has a 1023e. His son was mowing, ROPS down, and broke one light hitting a tree limb.
He (dad) moved the lights from the outside to the inside of the ROPS
His son was mowing another time, ROPS down, this time backed into a tree limb, hit it with the upper loop part of the ROPS, it hit the lights and broke the other one.

I did a "redneck" fix for him and zip tied a piece of wood to the stationary part of the ROPS to limit the upper part of the ROPS from hitting the lights.

He wants to take the ROPS off. I pointed out it also has the rear fender mounts and part of the drawbar mount built into it.

I told him a better idea is to keep his son off of it :mocking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice!!

You left enough freeboard to mount 1. Forward facing bar lights on top 2. Rear facing work lights underneath 3. really thin profile LED flashers on the outsides wired to the field light circuit. #3. keeps drivers from slamming into your rear tires when plowing out the neighbah's driveway and your crosswise to the road. Curiously #3 also seems essential with the carefree driving that happens on snowboumd roads here in mASS!:dunno:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wow, those are nice light guards! What did you use to bend them?

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Those look really nice !!! Because I have a lot of trees and brush I went a step farther on my guards .

Hard to see , but I put expanded metal over the front of the guard . :greentractorride:

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
While I can't speak for a careless operator's accidents...I have done some survey with dealers as to use or non use of seat belts and most say people aren't using belts...most all the videos I see and photos show this and I personally don't use seat belts on my 1025r as a matter of fact the bracket impacts the revolving seat...I can't find photos of folks using them on backhoes....I think the rops are as much of a hazard as a help and if seat belts aren't used then they would be of practically no value. On backhoes operators I've noted wanted to be able to bale off....I caught my roll back on zero turn twice, once on a swing set and then a large limb went between the bar and myself...so bar has gone...I do promote safe tractor and equipment use but I think most of these items are a corporate liability remedy....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts