Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newby question here.
I just picked up a 2014 1025r with 150hrs. It has only the 60d MMM with quick connect and independent lift.
Should I be able to move the SCV joystick in all directions?
The stick only moves left and right which raises and lowers the MMM just fine. I'm just concerned that there is no forward / backward travel. I am planning to add a FEL.

·
Administrator
18,291 Posts
:wgtt:

No sir, this is not normal at all. I can try to get yo a picture of the linkage under the boot a bit later if no one does first, but that's the first place to start looking.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:wgtt: from SE Texas .

I agree with Kenny , that is not normal . Did you check to see if the lever lock might be partially engaged ? Good Luck . :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. Was afraid that might be the case.
I did not know if there is any exposed linkage outside the valve body. I'll snake a straw through the boot and give it a little spray of garage door lube.
I did check the lockout knob. It seems to be working properly although very stiff. Had to tap it with a mallet to get it to move inward. It was in the outward position and was stuck. So it stops the stick movement as it should when pushed in and then allows only side to side when pulled back out.

·
Administrator
18,291 Posts
Here is the drawing from JDP:

0002799235____________A1.jpg

Get yourself some Fluid Film or PB Blaster and lube everything well.

Reactions: Robnik and fosh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That fixed it. Sprayed 3in1 lube in the area around the lockout. A couple gentle taps on the joy stick with a mallet and it started moving. Was just stuck. worked it back and forth a few times and it operates smoothly now. The lockout itself is still hard to push or pull but it does what it is supposed to.
Once y'all confirmed that the stick SHOULD move it put me on the right path.
Thanks a million folks! This is a great site.

·
Premium Member
14,896 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts