Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I was spending some time getting my tractor ready for winter today. I installed the front brackets and quick hitch, and wanted to put the driveshaft underneath when I came upon an issue. I have the mower lift arms raised all the way and locked, but there was the bar that goes between the two that the mower deck latches on too was in the way. I un-bolted and have it in safe keeping, but was necessary or am I missing something.

Thanks for the help

Adam

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
The lift arms as well as the quick connect (if you have that)are required to be removed. I did my own as well. Just be careful with the shaft going through the bearings and along side the sensor. Leave beaaring mounts loose until you get it installed. Will make it much easier. By the way good luck with your new tractor/blower.

Reactions: Adamq

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi everyone, I was spending some time getting my tractor ready for winter today. I installed the front brackets and quick hitch, and wanted to put the driveshaft underneath when I came upon an issue. I have the mower lift arms raised all the way and locked, but there was the bar that goes between the two that the mower deck latches on too was in the way. I un-bolted and have it in safe keeping, but was necessary or am I missing something.

Thanks for the help

Adam

Adam...that was necessary. It was either unbolt and remove the shaft or remove the lift arms. (4 pins). I removed the lift arms based on dealer recommendation but next year I will do it your way. If you remove the lift arms you have to be very careful with the leveling yokes that they don't come out of adjustment.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Adam...that was necessary. It was either unbolt and remove the shaft or remove the lift arms. (4 pins). I removed the lift arms based on dealer recommendation but next year I will do it your way. If you remove the lift arms you have to be very careful with the leveling yokes that they don't come out of adjustment.

I should have mentioned I do not have the quick connect feature on my deck. I manually connect the PTO shaft to the mm pto.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Next year on re-install of the MMM I am going to the hardware store and getting 4 locking nuts to lock those suckers in place once and for all. Should have had them as delivered. Just one more $$$$ cutting effort.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Next year on re-install of the MMM I am going to the hardware store and getting 4 locking nuts to lock those suckers in place once and for all. Should have had them as delivered. Just one more $$$$ cutting effort.
You and me both!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the insight guys, I did not have the manual for intstalling the snow blower so I just wanted to make sure I did it right. Today I had some short hoses made to connect the angle cylinder for my quick hitch so I can have my blade on for the snow they are talking about Wednesday.

Thanks again

Adam

Reactions: bearfoot
1 - 7 of 7 Posts