Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m feeling familiar with my new 1025R, but after getting the 60” deck would really like to put some “step” brackets on. Also I have the BH and would also like to make some rear view mirror brackets. I splurged on the machine so I figure I should actually make some of the smaller stuff ;)

Anyone have templates or recommendations for making these small add-ons? I weld ok and have assorted fabrication tools.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have been reading threads on step construction here on GTT for years. Some are pretty rudimentary, and others are one-off works of amazing industrial design.

I have even designed and posted about one of my own design. However, when the Bolt-on-Hooks step came out, I ditched my homemade step for it. Spend the money for it.

Together with the grab handle, it's a winner.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
Going to have to agree with everyone else, the step that boltonhooks.com makes is outstanding! If ya need them (Bigger guy? ) the seat springs are a great upgrade too! Got a bunch of stuff from Kenny and have been very pleased with all of it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yep I agree too. If you want some quality add-ons for your tractor, boltonhooks.com is the place to go, I did. Talk to Kenney he'll hook you up.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,369 Posts
I have been reading threads on step construction here on GTT for years. Some are pretty rudimentary, and others are one-off works of amazing industrial design.
I have even designed and posted about one of my own design. However, when the Bolt-on-Hooks step came out, I ditched my homemade step for it. Spend the money for it.
Together with the grab handle, it's a winner.
Nowadays, if it's already made by some company, buy it. It's usually less expensive than fabricating it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nowadays, if it's already made by some company, buy it. It's usually less expensive than fabricating it yourself.
I am trying to save money and do a lot of my own fab so I would rather make the simpler items that don't need perfect laser precision. Was just curious if anyone had drawings that have worked well. I would also like a chainsaw scabbard and rake holders for the FEL and some sort of ROPS hangers... if I bought all this stuff prefab it could easily be $1K+

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
I am trying to save money and do a lot of my own fab so I would rather make the simpler items that don't need perfect laser precision. Was just curious if anyone had drawings that have worked well. I would also like a chainsaw scabbard and rake holders for the FEL and some sort of ROPS hangers... if I bought all this stuff prefab it could easily be $1K+
Anyone have templates or recommendations for making these small add-ons? I weld ok and have assorted fabrication tools.

Hey, wait........isn't that the Titan Business Model to a "T"? ;) :LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Take a 3" 24L" piece of PVC and heat in the oven for 20 minutes ...Push a 3/4" by 4 board thru it. Put weight on it . Paint it . Chainsaw scabbard. I attached it to my ROPS with SS Hose clamp. It doubles as a tool holder or in my case I made another.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Same mirrors I use, and they come with the mounting bracket for the FEL.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts
I bought these

And a pair of brackets from Mudd's Customs:

Reactions: Steve-1026r

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Reactions: trav
1 - 17 of 17 Posts