Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could some one do a vid of the 1025R stock lights at night and have the fronts and the ones on the fender on so i can see if i need to have more lights i live out in the country so the closest street light is about 5 miles down the road. so if some one could do that

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
They throw plenty of light for mowing at night, the fender lights can be adjusted outwards to give more peripheral light. But they are more like flood lights than spot lights and don't throw a large distance of light. Rear lights would be nice to have.

FYI - you may want to move your taillights inside the ROPS before you knock one off the tractor.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
The stock lights are fine for mowing. However I found the front 54" blower blocks most of the light ,so I added the JD optional lights for blowing snow .

·
Registered
709 Posts
As others said, the stock lights work well. I do not recall ever hearing any complaints on the light they put out. If you have a loader or front implement on the tractor it will block the factory lights somewhat. That is why several of us add the extra light higher on the ROPS.

Having light shine from different angles keeps from having front implements block light when you need it. A rear facing light is nice to have also. Besides, having more lights makes you look cool!
:cool:

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Lighting falls under the category of better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I due most of my mowing during the day but with the snow we got this winter I never knew when I would be on the tractor. I wish my tractor has a ROPS to mount lights on.

Besides, having more lights makes you look cool!
:cool:
I debated once with my bass player friend once who's gear was cooler. It came down to blinking lights. My PA system had way more blinking lights than his bass rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
I debated once with my bass player friend once who's gear was cooler. It came down to blinking lights. My PA system had way more blinking lights than his bass rig.
I knew I was cool!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
And don't none of you newcomers with forward ROPS work lights forget that you WILL NEED THESE from one of our "Official Suppliers": Horse Blinders
If you're plowing snow with the ROPS lights on and you back up without them you will think you have looked into an arc welder. They are inexpensive must haves for winter work!

Reactions: Ultrapile and rtgt

·
Premium Member
10,567 Posts
And don't none of you newcomers with forward ROPS work lights forget that you WILL NEED THESE from one of our "Official Suppliers": Horse Blinders
If you're plowing snow with the ROPS lights on and you back up without them you will think you have looked into an arc welder. They are inexpensive must haves for winter work!
You can get the horse blinders Or just add enough lights that you can still see while wearing a welding helmet! :lol:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
You can get the horse blinders Or just add enough lights that you can still see while wearing a welding helmet! :lol:
I'll tell ya what, that first night I was out trying and aiming the lights did it for me! I have a retinal problem resulting in "night blindness" and it takes me a looong time to recover from one of those ROPS light blasts. JD's done good with the lighting package... however, I agree a few more couldn't hurt none.:laugh:

I'm going to try a seat activated "deck light" that will illuminate the operator's area when I get off... (I "missed" with a slippery wet boot climbing on once last year. OOOHFAH!:laugh:) Shopping the small LED flood light sites for just the right installation.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
I'll tell ya what, that first night I was out trying and aiming the lights did it for me! I have a retinal problem resulting in "night blindness" and it takes me a looong time to recover from one of those ROPS light blasts. JD's done good with the lighting package... however, I agree a few more couldn't hurt none.:laugh:

I'm going to try a seat activated "deck light" that will illuminate the operator's area when I get off... (I "missed" with a slippery wet boot climbing on once last year. OOOHFAH!:laugh:) Shopping the small LED flood light sites for just the right installation.
At one point I was a tech guy for a haunted house. We put up hundreds of 12v led lights. I'm not sure if this the exact company we used but web site below May give you a idea of what is out there.

http://www.darklightsystem.com/led-luminaires/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts