Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here. Got my 1025R FILB about a month ago and I've been loving every minute of it.

Unfortunately, I got it stuck in the mud pretty bad and I'm having a tough time getting it out. Hoping someone could offer some advice on how to get it out. It has the front end loader and backhoe attached right now.

I'm also not sure where is a good point to pull from the rear. I see two slots in the frame that look decent (see attached picture with red circle [Note: not my picture, found it on Google]), but is that an acceptable point to pull from? Last thing I want to do is damage the tractor.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
First off, :wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

Yeah, it looks like you really got it stuck.

Since you have your FEL and backhoe attached, I would try to either inching your tractor with them backward or forward out of the ruts. It will be a slow process but you can lift the tractor and by curling, inch it forward a bit then lowering and repeating to try and get it free. Wood under the FEL and BH bucket would help stop the sinking if the mud is really wet and soft.

Another method I would try is lifting the front and rear ends, separately with the FEL and BH and placing some wood planks or plywood under the wheels, then backing out. You can also use your BH stabilizers to help lift the back end up.

Your area seem pretty level, so tipping the tractor over shouldn't be an issue, but be careful it doesn't go over.

For me, pulling out would be a last resort, and I'm not sure where the best tow points are either.

Others will be along here to give more advice. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Did yoo try and use the hoe and the FEL to lift your self out of the mud? As you have discovered these little tractors do not like deep mud/loose terrain because their ground clearance is so low. They are pretty easy to get stuck. I have had my 2210 stuck a couple of times myself, it doesn't take much although your mud hole looks impressive.

What do you intend to drag the tractor out with if that doesn't work? Attaching to the frame some way would be best just make sure you don't pinch a wiring harness or hydraulic line. I would just gently ease it out too and try not to snatch it.

I would make sure someone is on the tractor and it is in neutral with it running. I think it would be easier on the hydro that way and if you need to hit the brakes or put it in gear then you are ready.

Good luck. :greentractorride:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would get some 2x8 scraps or plywood to land the outriggers or backhoe on to raise your rear up as high as it will go. Then get 2x8 or scrap wood under the rear tires to float them out of the muck. Then raise the rear outriggers and see if you can use the back hoe to pull yourself back out of the muck, Use the front loader to get the front tires out of the mud . Set the bucket slightly tipped forward to glide up onto the muck as well as you pull backwards.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, :wgtt:

Welcome from New York.

Yeah, it looks like you really got it stuck.

Since you have your FEL and backhoe attached, I would try to either inching your tractor with them backward or forward out of the ruts. It will be a slow process but you can lift the tractor and by curling, inch it forward a bit then lowering and repeating to try and get it free. Wood under the FEL and BH bucket would help stop the sinking if the mud is really wet and soft.

Another method I would try is lifting the front and rear ends, separately with the FEL and BH and placing some wood planks or plywood under the wheels, then backing out. You can also use your BH stabilizers to help lift the back end up.

Your area seem pretty level, so tipping the tractor over shouldn't be an issue, but be careful it doesn't go over.

For me, pulling out would be a last resort, and I'm not sure where the best tow points are either.

Others will be along here to give more advice. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Just my 2 cents.
Did yoo try and use the hoe and the FEL to lift your self out of the mud? As you have discovered these little tractors do not like deep mud/loose terrain because their ground clearance is so low. They are pretty easy to get stuck. I have had my 2210 stuck a couple of times myself, it doesn't take much although your mud hole looks impressive.

What do you intend to drag the tractor out with if that doesn't work? Attaching to the frame some way would be best just make sure you don't pinch a wiring harness or hydraulic line. I would just gently ease it out too and try not to snatch it.

I would make sure someone is on the tractor and it is in neutral with it running. I think it would be easier on the hydro that way and if you need to hit the brakes or put it in gear then you are ready.

Good luck. :greentractorride:
Thank you both for the suggestions. It's pretty bad mud -- I got slightly stuck and it was getting late so I check the weather, no rain was forecast, so I figured I'd come back to in in the morning...of course it rained about 3 inches within an hour during the course of the night and that's the lowest point of the whole yard. It's basically like quick sand at this point...to the right of the tractor a few feet I sunk down to my waist and had a heck of a time getting myself out.

I've tried lifting both the front and rear with the FEL/Backhoe and putting cinder blocks under but they just sink and disappear. I have 3 cinder blocks stacked under each tire and you can still see the ruts. I really don't know what to do at this point. I have a come along and some tow ropes so I was thinking attach to that and just keep pulling or possibly get an electric winch for harbor freight. Very disheartening situation.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
You'll need to first install your bucket on the loader, then push the bucket, open side level with the terrain, into the ground. Lift the front wheels out of the mud and put woos planks under them. Then curl the bucket up while reversing the tractor in 4wd and different lock engaged.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would not bother with the electric winch from Harbor Freight. The rating is always for free rolling. You being stuck in the muck as bad as you are will probably not budge it, or burn it out really quick. The come along would be your better bet.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
139 Posts
It looks really slick, if that is the case then your best bet is to raise the tractor up. I would get the widest, strongest stack of wood I could find under the BH and try to use that to lift the tractor up. The cinder blocks look like a lost cause as they do not displace enough area/provide enough support. Once you get the tractor up then you can start to think about getting more stability under it (more wood) under it. If you have loader ramps for a trailer they might be a good option to try to get some traction under the back tires but make sure they are anchored so they don't get sucked in as well.

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. At this point I'm going to go get some 2x8's or 2x10's from the local home improvement store and start carefully getting the tractor up out of the ruts using the BH/FEL and then build a sort of "ramp" with the wood to get out of the muddy area. I will report back how it goes.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks like te front bucket is on and buried in the muck. I think you will have to raise implements and hand dig ramps behind the tractor, lay down a sheet of plywood and get out the pickup truck to slowly pull it out. I don't think the hoe or bucket will do anything but sink in that muck.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome :bigbeer: and that is one heck of a first post! Definitely looks stuck, post some more pics when you get done playing in the mud:laugh:

Reactions: Levi and Gizmo2

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Cinder blocks usually don't work well in mud, there isn't enough surface area to "float" the weight of your tractor. And if you only put them under your wheels, and if you're able to roll the tractor a foot or so, you're back in fresh mud again. I would still try 2X8 or 2X10 planks or even some plywood to spread the weight over a much larger area.

Remember the trick about quick sand? Relax and lie flat, you'll float on top due to your larger surface area, then slow swimming/crawling out to the edge.

The key here is to relax and you will get it out eventually. Then you will look back on this and laugh laugh laugh. :lolol: and remember what not to do again.

If you do plan to pull it out, I would probably put ropes around both axles on each side of the tranny, put tension on them and drive out slowly, taking up the tension as you go. Don't spin the tires ... you probably know that already.

Good Luck and don't sweat it, you'll get it out.

More 2 cents.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,795 Posts
Welcome to GTT Egag. As others have said, use the BH and FEL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Status Update: I was trying to lift up the front using the FEL to get plywood underneath the front wheels to get it out of the rut. When I did that the FEL pushed all of the mud back and has buried the entire front axle under mud. I've tried everything I can and there is no way I can get the front tires up anymore. Really not sure what to do now.

If there is anyone around the Upper Marlboro, MD area that would be able to assist I will gladly pay for time and effort.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Can you still raise the FEL up to slide a sheet of plywood under the front bucket of the FEL then lower with the loader in dump position to lift the front axle up out of the mud? Then you may be able to block up the front wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can you still raise the FEL up to slide a sheet of plywood under the front bucket of the FEL then lower with the loader in dump position to lift the front axle up out of the mud? Then you may be able to block up the front wheels.
I can sure try it. Let me go back out and see what happrns.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Status Update: I was trying to lift up the front using the FEL to get plywood underneath the front wheels to get it out of the rut. When I did that the FEL pushed all of the mud back and has buried the entire front axle under mud. I've tried everything I can and there is no way I can get the front tires up anymore. Really not sure what to do now.

If there is anyone around the Upper Marlboro, MD area that would be able to assist I will gladly pay for time and effort.
If it's still stuck tomorrow I can come help. I'm at work today. I live in ST Marys County

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,474 Posts

My suggestion, raise the FEL, put a full sheet of plywood under the FEL before trying to raise the front end of the tractor. Go slow, you may have to overcome suction. Then put another piece of plywood under the front wheels. Overlapping the plywood is OK if necessary, but the more plywood area on top of the mud, the better.

Do the same for the rear end.

I don't know if this other suggestion will help, but if you can get some of the mud off the tires when on top of the plywood, you may get a little better traction.

Don't give up, you'll find a way. Sorry I'm not closer, would be glad to lend a hand.

Edit: Gotta learn to type faster ... Nice how there are lots of help being given today,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright so I put a full sheet of plywood under the FEL and pushed down in the dump position. Got up about two inches and the plywood snapped in half and pushed more mud above the front axle. The mud is almost up to the engine so I'm getting pretty hesitant to try anything else.

Are there companies that specialize in recovering tractors like this? I've called 4 local tow companies and they just say since I'm so far from the pavement there isn't anything they can do.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I really hope you have a power washer when you get done getting out of the mud. Make sure to get before and after pictures. :munch:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts