Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy’s

The gardening tool that every buddy should have! This has many uses from subsoiler, laying cable, cultivating, and disc hillers. I was filling sometime this winter in the shop making tractor tools. The 3-point frame and 16” box blade shank is from Agri Supply store. The rest of the material was laying around in the scrap pile from other projects ¼ wall 2” square tubing, 3/8” plate. This is cheap, fun project to do on a budget. Just use your imagination and see what you can come up with. This is a good platform for other attachments to fit it. It uses all the HP this tractor has to pull at full depth about 13”. We have lots of clay down here in Va and this breaks it up nicely. Rototill after that and you have a nice deep seed bed.

Have some fun!

150 (2).jpg
153 (2).jpg
154 (2).jpg
155 (2).jpg

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
That'll make that tractor snort some.Did you try it at all yet.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
What is your technique for attaching it to the Quick Hitch as the top link pin does not look Quick Hitch compatible.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
What is your technique for attaching it to the Quick Hitch as the top link pin does not look Quick Hitch compatible.
:dunno: jgayman-glad u noticed that also. cause i was wondering the same thing about the top hook.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Looks heavy duty . Nice job !!! I also enjoy making things myself if I think I can save a few :gizmo: .

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sure did and its like pulling a boat anchor. :usa
I'll bet it did! I built myself a single-shank subsoiler for my M and that's enough to get the front wheels off the ground in clay... I think it could handle a second shank in lighter soil, but three would probably stop it in its tracks.

How deep can you sink that thing before it actually becomes an anchor?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
:dunno: jgayman-glad u noticed that also. cause i was wondering the same thing about the top hook.
Looks like he positions it then puts in his top pin. Do the same with a rear weight bracket that is not compatible. Why use the QH? Extra weight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,745 Posts
Looks like he pulled the pin out of his new subsoiler , then attaches bottom part to quick hitch and then puts the top pin in place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of you were wondering about the top link for the quick hitch. Since the attachment will not stand on its own. I decided not to make the top link quick hitch. You have to get off the tractor anyways to take the stand brace off. Pick it up and grab the bar and rotate it into place and put the pin in. About 10 sec of time and the bar gives you leverage. Pull the pin and take the bar off. You won’t change this attachment that much. Archimedes’ would say with a lever you can get more done easier. I don’t like to lift anything I don’t have to! 170.jpg 171.jpg

Since I find a lot of the tops of the 3-point are different shapes and sizes. I just make some top link adapters to fit each one I have.

162.jpg 160.jpg 159 (2).jpg 158 (2).jpg

:usa

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Great work! Those top link adapters are awesome

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts