Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,

As many others have experienced my machine never and I mean never gets to operating temperature and at the direction of many others I ordered the 180 degree thermostat part number M810516. The design looks totally different and I’m confused if I’m doing something wrong or have the wrong part?

I removed this thermostat that came with the tractor.

As you can see no large flange on the new part like the old one.

I’m a self diagnosed knucklehead, hoping I’m doing something wrong here...

Thanks for all the help.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
The 180* thermostat I put into my 1026R was part number M812140, I just checked JD parts and they show the same part number for the 1025R.

Not sure where you got your T-stat, but it could be the wrong part.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just re read the previous 1025r thermostat thread and the part number I ordered is exactly what someone posted they used... your part number looks better. Bummer gonna cost me some down time for my ole girl waiting on parts. It would be nice if a moderator could make a correction so this doesn’t happen to others?

Thanks

Jason

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Per JD Parts website for 1025r

M811895 Thermostat 1 71°C (160°F)
M812140 Thermostat 1 82°C (180°F), OPTIONAL

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Per JD Parts website for 1025r

M811895 Thermostat 1 71°C (160°F)
M812140 Thermostat 1 82°C (180°F), OPTIONAL

Looks like you have a Thermostat for a JD 415 lawn and garden tractor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help.

Bad things happen, for return the wrong one and locate the good part number and get her all back together at least I know what needs done. Nice to get in problem solving mode instead of letting small things like this ruin your day. (Please note, I’m not all peaches and cream happy hunky Dory over here... typing that was part of calming myself down).

Thanks fellas, I owe ya a beer

Jason

·
Registered
307 Posts
Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply. I just re read the previous 1025r thermostat thread and the part number I ordered is exactly what someone posted they used... your part number looks better. Bummer gonna cost me some down time for my ole girl waiting on parts. It would be nice if a moderator could make a correction so this doesn’t happen to others?

Thanks

Jason

You kinda gotta double check when dealing with some posters. Some guys shoot from the hip and really don't know, that they don't know. After a while you'll get a feel for who really knows and who really thinks they know. It also helps to get about 3-4 guys give the same answer.:usa:greentractorride:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm embarrassed to admit that I have the M812140 180º thermostat sitting on the shelf in the garage. I've had it for 2 years but have been too lazy to install it.....:hide:

This thread has motivated me to put the job on the must do list... once the weather warms up...

DSCF8705.jpg

DSCF8704.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies, I hope this thread with the proper part number will help others.

Looking through old threads it looks like the wrong part number listed in an older thread has jammed up a few people... I might make a gentle nudge to a moderator to delete the inaccurate post so this doesn’t happen again. The forums were my only source of help on this my local dealer told me “I only see the oem thermostat in my system”

Thanks again, people helping people is what it’s all about.

Jason

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Thanks for all the replies, I hope this thread with the proper part number will help others.

Looking through old threads it looks like the wrong part number listed in an older thread has jammed up a few people... I might make a gentle nudge to a moderator to delete the inaccurate post so this doesn’t happen again. The forums were my only source of help on this my local dealer told me “I only see the oem thermostat in my system”

Thanks again, people helping people is what it’s all about.

Jason

Can you please link to it and save us the effort of trying to find it?

OR at least go to it and "report" it by clicking the triangle under the post and give a description.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kenny, I was in my barn stressing over this thermostat deal the other night saying “gosh darn it, if Ken were here he would know what to do”... you should charge for telephone tech support! You know like Mrs Cleo, but instead of fortunes, you will help us fix our tractors.

I didn’t post up a link on here because I do NOT want attention drawn to the wrong part number. I will take a screen shot and PM it to you.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,695 Posts
Just report the post. :thumbup1gif: It's ok, it's completely anonymous. :drinks:

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Found and fixed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ask and though shall receive, thanks Kenny.

I’m sure it wasn’t malicious, but the wrong part number cost me $35 and several days of tractor downtime and I’m trying to prevent that from happening to others.

Thanks again to all who posted the correct part number and Kenny for all your help

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
This is a classic example of why I always look up all my own parts, myself........even before I go to the dealer. I take a list with me to the dealer and if I don't know the parts person, I will let them look the items up and I will compare their results to the numbers I have. People make mistakes and it saves a return trip to the dealer or waiting for the correct parts to arrive, as in the case of the OP.........Generally, the parts people at my dealer are very good.

Plus, it gives you a chance to see any other components you may want to order when working on any project (gaskets, sealant, hardware, etc,). The Deere parts system is pretty logical and easy to use, as long as you have a general idea what the items are called. Also, the diagrams can be helpful for assembly and disassembly.

For example, the replaceable scraper edge on the 54" front mounted Deere snow / dirt plow is a STRAP, in the Deere parts system. But most of their parts are named what most people would call them.

Even if you don't know what it is called, if you know where it's located, you can find it that way also in the parts look up. When push comes to shove, there is a pictorial index option as well.

One other last benefit of using the part system yourself is you can run the part number you are seeking to see what else it's used on, if you are looking for something used on many different machines, which Deere does often. This is helpful if you are buying something in the secondary market such as Ebay or Craigslist, etc., where the seller may have the item described as fitting one machine, when it really may actually be used on many different machines.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts