Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to remove my 54" quick hitch blower and put on the 54" MMM. I've taken off the blower, hitch, lift kit and front PTO kit.

Do you generally even remove the sensor harness wiring from the battery or can it be stowed on the machine? I don't like leaving the exposed plug dangling so I could cover it in plastic and tie it to the machine but that seems to be a jury rig at best.

What do other 1025r (1023E, 1026) owners do?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
It's time to remove my 54" quick hitch blower and put on the 54" MMM. I've taken off the blower, hitch, lift kit and front PTO kit.

Do you generally even remove the sensor harness wiring from the battery or can it be stowed on the machine? I don't like leaving the exposed plug dangling so I could cover it in plastic and tie it to the machine but that seems to be a jury rig at best.

Thanks

I can't really help with your question directly but I would caution you on zip-tieing a bag over the connector. If you get any moisture in the bag the connector will corrode faster than if left uncovered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing, make sure you put the little loops that look like an eye bolt with a square loop on the right way. If you put them in the wrong way things are just off enough to make the autoconnect process painful

·
Registered
184 Posts

Thanks
I have the sensor and wiring harness on my 1025r and 54" snowblower.
Since I jumpered out the RIO feature, the sensor serves no purpose.
I haven't removed the sensor or wiring harness.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Dracunculus,
Off topic here but would it be possible to have a more specific location in your profile other than USA? It really does help other members in their replies to your posts. I know I would appreciate it and believe me I need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

Thanks
Go to the dealer and ask them for the plug cover that they removed from the engine when they plugged the harness in for the sensor. They should have given it to you (it is basically the same plug just sealed up) as it gets put on the plug at the front. Only reason I know is I installed my front blower myself , did not have the dealer do it. It is plugged into the front plug right now. Never will use it again, as I jumped my RIO too. Best move I ever made. If they won't give it to you definitely seal it up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Go to the dealer and ask them for the plug cover that they removed from the engine when they plugged the harness in for the sensor. They should have given it to you (it is basically the same plug just sealed up) as it gets put on the plug at the front. Only reason I know is I installed my front blower myself , did not have the dealer do it. It is plugged into the front plug right now. Never will use it again, as I jumped my RIO too. Best move I ever made. If they won't give it to you definitely seal it up.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but do you have a picture and/or part number for the plug cover? I've talked to my dealer about this, and they say none of the tractors they have came with any sort of plug cover. Apparently, they've talked with John Deere too, and they're having difficulty figuring this out. Can't imagine the connector would come exposed that the hall effect sensor plugs into.

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dracunculus,
Off topic here but would it be possible to have a more specific location in your profile other than USA? It really does help other members in their replies to your posts. I know I would appreciate it and believe me I need all the help I can get.
Well i can wait to put on my mower deck too:spy:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Yes that is the plug cover. Good to protect the contacts in the summer from grass clipings that would corrode them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,011 Posts
I just looked in JDP, they do NOT show a cover:
0001653572____________A1.jpg

Front PTO
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
103M7193Bolt6
M10 X 35
2ALVA18329Universal Joint With Shaft1
Shaft, Drive - Front PTO CV
2BLVA19132Universal Joint With Shaft1
Shaft, Drive - Front P TO ; INCLUDES LVU25364
LVU27309Yoke With Shaft1
SUB FOR LVU25364
3E10018Pressed Flanged Housing4
4JD9313Ball Bearing2
514M7517Lock Nut6
M10
6LVU25464Bracket1
Hall Effect Sensor Sup. 3R
7LVA17409Sensor1
Halleffect (Omnidirectional)
814M7528Lock Nut1
M6
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
9LVA18264Wiring Harness1
Jumper, Hall Effect Sensor
10R105388Tie Band2
11LVU25652Label1
Sensor Instruction
1219M8425Cap Screw1
M6 X 16
1324M7239Washer2
10.700 X 21 X 2.500 mm
14BLV10166Adapter Kit1
2000 RPM Front PTO
15LVU25409Retainer1
Not Illustrated

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Nope Kenny you are absolutely right. The cover comes on the side of the engine where the supplied harness plugs in as both connectors are the same.
i installed my own, so I know that is the case.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Here is how my dealer mounted the plug cover. I can just plug it in to this cover when the blower is off.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Could those of you with the plug covers let me know your dealer's name (PM would be fine if you can't post dealer names on the site)? I'd like to see if they might be able to provide my dealer with some insight about these plug covers. Dealer is working with Deere and apparently still doesn't have a resolution (it's been over two months).

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I will check with my dealer

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I will check with my dealer
Since this plug was a part of the original tractor, I would hazard a guess it would be shown with the wiring harness on the tractor.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Since this plug was a part of the original tractor, I would hazard a guess it would be shown with the wiring harness on the tractor.
I just heard back from my Dealer on the part number for the cap.
The cap is two part #’S 57M7257 & 57M7290 the total cost is $1.66

didn't have an opportunity to ask why the two part numbers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts