Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new 1025r last year and had a slow leak on 1 front tire all winter. Weather finally got nice, removed tire and took to the dealer. Dealer was great, put in a tube - no charge.

Dealer set the pressure at 28 and said with FEL work, need to be 25-30.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,757 Posts
Yep that is what the manual calls for. :bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Just relying on my poor memory here but I thought 22 was max?

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Front tires don't have too much of a noticeable effect on ride quality, but too much air will reduce traction. 25ish psi is what you want for loader work (though honestly I keep mine at 18 and never had a problem) but not for say snow removal, even with loader, because there you want as much traction as possible.

Just make sure those monsters didn't set your rear tire pressure to 30 the way mine did. What a difference that made after I lowered it to 17. Like a whole new tractor.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Here it is from the operators manual.

OMLVU25848

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1025r manual says 22 max.

H120 manual says 4 psi above pressure recommended for heavy front mounted equipment. (Gee can they be any clearer)

Dealer says 25-30. Set it at 28.

I would think the dealer knows what they are talking about.

Just wonder what others are setting the pressure at.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I keep mine at 22 but the few times I have picked up loads that would barely get off the ground with the fel the tires would be compressed about half way to the rim. The rest of the time with normal bucket loading they are fine.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My loader manual sez:
D120 and H120 Loaders
(Serial No. 000100— )
Inflating Front Tires

W11375
W11375-UN-06OCT88

Inflate regular tires to pressure recommended for heavy front-mounted equipment.

Inflate 4-WD tires 27.6 kPa (0.3 bar) (4 psi) above pressure recommended for heavy front-mounted equipment.

See your tractor Operator’s Manual.

OUO1078,0000066-19-20101006

Copyright © 2013 Deere & Company.
All Rights Reserved.

About Our Site | Site Search | Contact Us | Privacy and Data | Legal |

·
Premium Member
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I run mine at 22 front and 20 rear. I have put boulders in the bucket I could barely lift off the ground and some all I could do was get under and push and sure the tires squated but I never had a problem. I am always careful to try and make gradual turns so I wouldn't pop the bead. If I had to make a sharp turn I would stop and reposition the tractor to make the turn. Seems a Lil excessive to me to put a few pounds of air in for a bucket or two of "heavy" lifting. I could see if you were maxing out the tractor all day or every day but how often are you going to be doing that? So everytime you want to pick up something heavy you add 4lbs, move whatever and then let the air back out? I ran heavy equipment in commercial construction and we always ran the tire pressure to what the manual said or the tire pressure on the tire itself. Tire manufacturers design them so they can take the extra stress for the occasional times it is needed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like 22 is a better choice then.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I normally run my 1025r at 22psi front and 20 psi rear spring, summer and fall. I drop the pressure in winter for pushing snow. I'll have to check manual as I don't remember the "4psi over max pressure for heavy loader work" entry listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
New to this tractor stuff. I have fluid filled rear tires. Does the valve stem need to be at 12 o'clock position to check pressure?
Seems to me if it is not fluid would enter my gauge?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
New to this tractor stuff. I have fluid filled rear tires. Does the valve stem need to be at 12 o'clock position to check pressure?
Seems to me if it is not fluid would enter my gauge?

Thanks

Kevin
Yes it does. Check pressure of fluid filled tires with valve stem at 12 o'clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
They have tire pressure gauges for liquid filled tires. Wont matter where the stem is located.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Slime item # 2007A...picked mine up at Tractor Supply

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
G'day Blokes,

I run a Challenge Brand FEL with a 4 in 1 bucket on the front of a 1026R, I was leaving the FEL on when mowing or slashing, since 2012 it seemed like I don't put Bambi (The baby Deere) away without a flat front tyre or worse still a tyre rolled of the rim.

This really served as a green laxative .... It certainly gave me massive doses of the S***Ts !!!

My solution was to replace the front 4 Ply Carlisle Trac Chiefs which have a max inflation press of 22 psi on the sidewall ...... with ...... 8 Ply BKT Skid Power Heavy Duty tyres, Once these were mounted on the rims I took them for a drive in the boot (yeah yeah I know trunk) of the car to Newcastle and had them foam filled to an equivalent pressure of 24 psi - The tyre & wheel assembly's weigh 40lbs each, I guess I don't need any suitcase weights.:yahoo:

Because the block is so soft We've had the wettest March and April for years I was a bit worried about the weight so I took the FEL off and it settled to floor of the shed with a loud " CRASH ........ ". I will take the time to read the instructions at a later date.

I spent the Easter long weekend slashing the block like a mad thing with a 4 foot Fieldquip slasher, The Skid Power Tyres are :bigthumb:

Cheers

Chris "Bambi"

·
Registered
377 Posts
As mentioned, sidewall on tire says 22 max. I run mine below that most of the time but recently found I had busted some of the internal belts in the tire. Probably turning with a heavy load while on a sharp rock. It ran ok for almost a year, but I went to air the tires up the other day for a heavy skid load of wood pellets and it formed a huge blister. Had to order a new one from Amazon, waiting for delivery now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts