Sincerely

Attachments

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Starting at ? What...wheels and tires are extra? Some assembly required? Batteries not included? :lol:

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That is a good price. I paid slightly less three years ago for the TLB but also was negotiating a mowing deck.
I didn't get down to that price without going ten rounds with the salesman.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thaw pretty much exactly what I paid with a box blade & 3 pt trailer hitch

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
The way I read the ad, there's a new 1025r TLB, and oh, by the way, 1025R tractors (without backhoe because they don't list the TLB acronym at the end) start at 18700...
No, that’s an ad for Central Jersey Equipment. I bought mine from them as well as my implements. They own at least four dealerships and like to move equipment.
This pic I took a couple months ago.

630630CE-B9A9-4BCC-88B8-A3D2A619FE22.jpeg

A4774C85-0C7F-4217-AEEE-7215997317BF.jpeg

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks like a pretty good deal to me. I bought mine a week ago for just under that with 120r Loader, 60D MMM, Rc2048 cutter and Bb2048 box blade. Didn't need the backhoe but now think I could have FOUND plenty of things to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Reviewing the PO for the 1025R TLB I purchased last year, I paid $19,429.18. However, at the same time, Deere had a promo on attachments--which does matter on the price. I'm happy with the deal I received.

So looking at the Central Jersey promo, I have no doubt you're getting a legit 1025R FTLB with everything the factory includes in that package. It is a "leader item" that pulls people in the door. The 99.00/month banner ad that JD ran on the MTF forum was the leader item that pulled me in the door. Most folks are going to buy more than the base tractor, so their prices maybe a bit higher the attachments...or maybe not. If they're moving enough units, there is likely some volume discount from JD and then there is freight. If they can purchase several car loads at a time and have a rail siding in the right place, those savings can be pretty significant, as well.

My hat is off to their proactive marketing.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Reviewing the PO for the 1025R TLB I purchased last year, I paid $19,429.18. However, at the same time, Deere had a promo on attachments--which does matter on the price. I'm happy with the deal I received.

So looking at the Central Jersey promo, I have no doubt you're getting a legit 1025R FTLB with everything the factory includes in that package. It is a "leader item" that pulls people in the door. The 99.00/month banner ad that JD ran on the MTF forum was the leader item that pulled me in the door. Most folks are going to buy more than the base tractor, so their prices maybe a bit higher the attachments...or maybe not. If they're moving enough units, there is likely some volume discount from JD and then there is freight. If they can purchase several car loads at a time and have a rail siding in the right place, those savings can be pretty significant, as well.

My hat is off to their proactive marketing.

I asked my dealer what one a new 1025r TLB would set me back - he said 27k CAD... Our exchange rate is atrocious right now...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I asked my dealer what one a new 1025r TLB would set me back - he said 27k CAD... Our exchange rate is atrocious right now...
Is it the exchange rate or possibly the impact of tariffs? I know Trudeau and Trump were doing a tit-or-tat on that in the press a month or so ago.

I don't like tariffs, but I do have to agree with Trump. The US has been played for a fool in past trade agreements. So I do support his aggressive stance on such. I just wish he were a bit more tactful and respectful on how he engages some folks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Is it the exchange rate or possibly the impact of tariffs? I know Trudeau and Trump were doing a tit-or-tat on that in the press a month or so ago.

I don't like tariffs, but I do have to agree with Trump. The US has been played for a fool in past trade agreements. So I do support his aggressive stance on such. I just wish he were a bit more tactful and respectful on how he engages some folks.
I think it is past time to start calling spades, spades.
If President Trump were to use gentle suggestions and conciliatory language he would be gaslighted by the fake news and foreign markets just the same as he is now.
Sorry for the de rail guys...

·
Registered
700 Posts

Both, actually. But this was his older stock. He said his next order, if a tariff were in place by then, would be reflected in the selling price. I cry at the thought of a $30k 1025r. :gizmo::munch:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Both, actually. But this was his older stock. He said his next order, if a tariff were in place by then, would be reflected in the selling price. I cry at the thought of a $30k 1025r. :gizmo::munch:
I was over $35K for my 2025R no backhoe but has FEL, MMM, and snow blower. Like many, found many jobs I can probably do with the backhoe now. Eventually I'll add one to the back of the machine.

Kevin.

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
I have always wondered if we have anyone on GTT who actually used the "Purchase Direct Online" deal Deere offers and ordered their equipment entirely through the "Order anytime Portal" or whatever Deere calls it on their website. It appears their selling price is Deere selling the units direct at full MSRP less any widely available "incentive program". Frankly, anything different and it would cause an uproar with their dealer networks, as it should.

This is the feature I am talking about;(Buy it Online)

https://e-marketing.deere.com/ViewAllProducts.do#CUT

It appears in the two examples on the link that they are selling at MSRP less the same special incentive offer you would get through any dealer. If someone doesn't have a dealer in their area (which seems pretty unlikely in the U.S. all things considered) then I could see someone using this approach, but the machine still would be routed to the customer and delivered by a dealer. I don't think Deere has perfected the technology where the 3D printer can produce the machine right in your family room with the push of a few buttons....:mocking:

A great dealer and a good relationship with them as a product owner will (not can, but in fact will) have a profound impact on the lifetime ownership experience. Anyone who doesn't believe this yet will at one point. All it takes is a problem......

While the aggressive marketing brings attention to the product as a whole, I for one, will never begrudge a dealer making a profit on their product as I want them to be there when I need them. Price shop the dealer, but for a marginal price difference, I would always try to find some middle ground so everyone is happy in the end.

Recently, I talked online extensively with a product owner who had bought their tractor from a dealer several hours away, instead of several closer dealers, over less than $200 price difference on a $18,000 transaction. Then the customer soon realized just how impractical it was to try and get service help for poor set up issues from their dealer 5 hours away.

Price is important, to an extent. Considering that when using Deere's 0% for 60 month financing, which many people seem to do, if you end up paying $200 more for your tractor in purchase price with the closest dealer, you are talking about a difference of about $3.33 per month in the tractor payment. Since time is money, price is just one of many considerations when making the final purchase decision.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts