Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Somehow I managed to get this purchase approved by the finance department and will soon be a proud owner of a new 1025R tractor. Delivery is expected after November 1st, which is killing me. I'm including my price paid on everything as a data point for all the forum lurkers out there who are planning their dealer negotiations in the near future, I hope it helps.

My options were:
  • Use 0% financing (I'm sure it affects price somehow)
  • 260B backhoe
  • 120R loader
  • 54" Mid Mount Mower with Auto Connect PTO coupler
  • Swap 12" bucket for 16" bucket (Not sure if this was a good idea...)
  • Swap to turf tires

• 1025TLB: $20978
  • Setup: $400
  • Freight: $450
  • Delivery: $150
  • Subtotal: $21978
  • After Tax: $23297

My dealer (Finch Services, Hanover PA) didn't break out individual discounts on items, so unfortunately I can't help too much with pricing on specific options. This didn't bother me as I was only looking at the "Out The Door" price anyway. I was told that the long wait is mostly for the new 260B backhoe, instead of the former 260 backhoe. This was important to me due to the new changes they implemented on both this and the new 120R loader, so I decided to wait. My method of buying this tractor was to email numerous dealers and ask for their best OTD price. After a few rounds of back and forth emails I settled on this one. I've done this for a car purchase too, and it seems to work out better than receiving phone calls 24/7 from multiple sales people. YMMV, best of luck!

Now.... I have to decide the fate of this little guy! IMG_2818 - Copy.JPG

·
Registered
387 Posts
Two years ago Finch was the highest of the three dealerships that I got quotes from and I had to go up to Harrisburg to get the best price on mine. Plus the local Finch wanted to make a TLB but I wanted one factory assembled.

Reactions: BigJim55 and Robnik

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I'm sure you will love the tractor!!! :good2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its interesting that they were the most expensive a few years back. Every other dealer was $500 to $1000 more, but with the older H120 & 260 backhoe. I thought that they must be paying floorplan financing to JD like a car dealership would, and thus would really be motivated to move their in-stock tractors - but that didn't seem to be the case based on their pricing. I was hoping the really nice dedicated John Deere dealership in Frederick MD would have the best price, but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
We paid cash, it had zero affect on the price with our dealer - who has a monopoly on the area.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Its interesting that they were the most expensive a few years back. Every other dealer was $500 to $1000 more, but with the older H120 & 260 backhoe. I thought that they must be paying floorplan financing to JD like a car dealership would, and thus would really be motivated to move their in-stock tractors - but that didn't seem to be the case based on their pricing. I was hoping the really nice dedicated John Deere dealership in Frederick MD would have the best price, but it wasn't meant to be I guess.
Yeah it seems like Finch realized some of the price competition from the others in the area and stepped up their game.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
436 Posts
Curious if you shopped Southern York Turf and Tractor?

I shopped Deere Country in August and they were about a grand less for the TLB....that had the new FEL and old BH. That included all available incentives and whatever discounts from the dealer.

Seems like a fair deal for end of the season AND getting the new model.

Post up pics when you get it!!!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did along with a few places 2 hours north in Lancaster county PA, as I spend a lot of time up there and I have family that could pick one up with a trailer. Now I need to get on with picking up some add-ons that I saw in the mod/add-on thread... I need a heavy hitch fast!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes I did along with a few places 2 hours north in Lancaster county PA, as I spend a lot of time up there and I have family that could pick one up with a trailer. Now I need to get on with picking up some add-ons that I saw in the mod/add-on thread... I need a heavy hitch fast!
You're gonna need more than a Heavy Hitch if you're spending any time on this forum! :laugh:

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. You will enjoy it. I like the new Backhoe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts