Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After pulling down a dead tree, a funny thing happened on the way to the shed. A quick chore took a little longer than I intended. 1st time stuck to the axles in mud. You can see the ordeal below. Curious if there are any special methods if you are in the middle of a field and don't have any tree or objects to fasten onto. Luckily I had trees you can see below. :greentractorride:

John Deere 2018 1025r: The Bog Days of Winter - YouTube

Land vehicle Vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor Soil

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
After pulling down a dead tree, a funny thing happened on the way to the shed. A quick chore took a little longer than I intended. 1st time stuck to the axles in mud. You can see the ordeal below. Curious if there are any special methods if you are in the middle of a field and don't have any tree or objects to fasten onto. Luckily I had trees you can see below. :greentractorride:

View attachment 673202
Yes. Use your bucket to pry yourself backward.

You can do the same potentially with your backhoe. ...or even more, you might be able to pick up the rear end of your tractor, and move it to one side with the backhoe.

Doesn't look to me like you are 'stuck' yet :) Plenty of options left.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Wrong color of tractor, but you get the idea in the video below! I would have used the backhoe to lift the rear and pull yourself out and maybe loader to curl and push as well.

Haven't seen anyone cross a trench yet with a 1025r, been waiting on Tim to show us that!!!

Getting The Kubota BX Out Of Collapsed Trench - YouTube

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,598 Posts
After pulling down a dead tree, a funny thing happened on the way to the shed. A quick chore took a little longer than I intended. 1st time stuck to the axles in mud. You can see the ordeal below. Curious if there are any special methods if you are in the middle of a field and don't have any tree or objects to fasten onto. Luckily I had trees you can see below.
I call Babycakes on my cell phone. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,598 Posts
lttesmer, One of Kennyd's Chain Shorteners would have come in handy.

·
Registered
237 Posts

View attachment 673202
I have used my old Jeep to pull my 1026r a couple of times. I have had to call on my neighbor one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,955 Posts
I call Babycakes on my cell phone. :lol:
Does she run a rescue service for machines which aren't being operated by her husband? :laugh::lol:

If I called my wife on the cell phone if I were stuck (which hasn't ever happened, btw.....) she would say "Gee honey, that's nice. Now, when will you be here for dinner?"

I don't think it would even occur to her I was expecting her to assist in my extraction...or to be the one to extricate me.

As far as the OP, this is a great learning experience the use the loader bucket and hoe to pull / push / lift the machine out of trouble. That tractor's not stuck, its just directionally challenged in the picture.....

You know you are really stuck when you are stepping UP to get off the tractor operator platform........

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,598 Posts
Does she run a rescue service for machines which aren't being operated by her husband? :laugh::lol:

If I called my wife on the cell phone if I were stuck (which hasn't ever happened, btw.....) she would say "Gee honey, that's nice. Now, when will you be here for dinner?"

I don't think it would even occur to her I was expecting her to assist in my extraction...or to be the one to extricate me.

As far as the OP, this is a great learning experience the use the loader bucket and hoe to pull / push / lift the machine out of trouble. That tractor's not stuck, its just directionally challenged in the picture.....

You know you are really stuck when you are stepping UP to get off the tractor operator platform........
First thing Babycakes asks is how bad so she knows what tow vehicle and how many chains. :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,240 Posts
Mine looked like one day , except I had a building touching the Original cab. :banghead: Setting on a hill side trying to dig a ditch around the upper side of the building. NO Way could I get that out, had to call my neighbor. He brought his 35-55hp MF pulled me maybe a foot and I was good to go.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
First thing Babycakes asks is how bad so she knows what tow vehicle and how many chains. :lol:
Yep my Mrs.,one time, answered the phone, Do I need to bring your truck or the Gator? :lolol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,598 Posts
Yep my Mrs.,one time, answered the phone, Do I need to bring your truck or the Gator? :lolol:
Calling the wife to pull me out was sort of embarrassing in the beginning but not any more. :lol:

I’m on my own - have to go old school to get myself out the one time I got myself wedged against a tree on a steep slope.
Sucks to be you. :lol:

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Calling the wife to pull me out was sort of embarrassing in the beginning but not any more. :lol

Sucks to be you. :lol:

Yep me too, but now she yells at me if I don’t call for help. Don’t know what I did before cell phones.

Coaltrain-been there done that too. Before I had winches I carried come alongs all the time. Got me out of a few jams, that and a farm jack

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Wrong color of tractor, but you get the idea in the video below! I would have used the backhoe to lift the rear and pull yourself out and maybe loader to curl and push as well.

Haven't seen anyone cross a trench yet with a 1025r, been waiting on Tim to show us that!!!

Getting The Kubota BX Out Of Collapsed Trench - YouTube
Per the Kubota video, this is one limitation involved with the double seat.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Per the Kubota video, this is one limitation involved with the double seat.
True! I haven't tried to see how hard it is to get to the backhoe controls from the front seat. I know I read some have managed, but isn't very easy or comfortable.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
8,077 Posts
Now that you are out

Since presumably you are out of the mud, next time you have a few minutes you might want to practice using the backhoe and loader to shift and move the TLB. I'm not a backhoe operator- never really had an opportunity but people here work on seawalls with them. Several times I've watch hoe operators go up and down 5' seawalls or over jetties that are 4-5' out of the sand. It would take me some practice to get up the nerve to be that high in the air but I wouldn't mind using the same techniques to get out of the mud.

It's a serious PITA but if you need an anchor point, a deadman anchor provides a good one as long as you get it in the ground. 4' of a 5" diameter log or fence post laid in a trench horizontally and covered over will take a lot of pulling force. Hook the cable or chain to the backhoe and you can get out of a lot even if it's too sloppy to lift.

I've stuck old tires under the wheels of combines/tractors and let them be pulled under to provide extra grab. Until you have to dig down, start placing wooden blocks under said combine and use a hydraulic jack or two to push blocks into the ground until the combine starts to lift, you haven't really had fun being stuck. It's especially fun when the ground is frozen on top and underneath is a 33 degree slop. We never did recover some of those blocks, they ended up so deep in the ground.

Treefarmer

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice video!! My ADD usually forces me to "jump" through videos like this to get to the "good parts". I started doing that with yours and then went back to the beginning and watched the whole thing. GREAT use of the background music, the shots of you driving down the gravel road, etc. And good, steady camera work. You did a nice job on the editing as well.

I don't have a backhoe to get me out of any trouble, so I'd probably have to rely on a come along and chains on the FEL. Or, fire up the Jeep and use the winch to get me out of trouble. One thing for sure - your video is telling me to stay out of my woods for a while. It's super soft at my place too!!

Just curious where you're located?

Reactions: jdforever

·
Registered
316 Posts
:dunno: I kinda think that you went out in the woods to have some fun/play.

In the beginning you stated (I forgot the rason) that you didn't want to just wack that snag down with a chain saw? Then in the end of the video it shows the sang was cut up and kicked to the side.

Anyhow it was a fun video or i wold not have watched all of it. So, interesting and fun post. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Tractor with a loader and a backhoe, that thing ain't stuck.

i saw a guy in a Case 580 Super M, get stuck in the mud in January, when the concrete at the base of a windmill tower (HUGE concrete footers), warmed all the earth around it and turned it to muck. This guy was in up to the tops of the rear tires, a long way from solid ground because of how wide the concrete footer is. Took him every bit of a 10hr work day to get out but he made, all on his own. It was impressive, and tiring to see. We'd come back every once in awhile and he be just a little bit farther along.

Put your loader bucket on the ground so it can help the front end float. Get to operating that hoe and push your self out with it.

Reactions: Troutsniffer

·
Registered
595 Posts
Haven't seen anyone cross a trench yet with a 1025r,
I did it several times last year while trenching for my irrigation line. Last time I did it with seat spun around facing the hoe.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 20 of 20 Posts