Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased came with new HH front suitcase bracket only & 5 - 40lb weights. What parts JD or aftermarket needed to mount. Heading typo 2015 1025RTLB used.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Is this the Heavy Hitch you have? (Color may be different)

View attachment 641564

Is so, you need the 2 black brackets like in the picture, and the 2 pins shown. The pin shown attached to the hitch is for retaining the weights. The pin shown by the bolts is the lower pin that'll go into the holes in the 2 black brackets once those are mounted. The brackets will probably require longer bolts, especially if you have a mid-mount mower. Here's a picture of the brackets mounted on my tractor.

View attachment 641566

Check to see if the brackets are already mounted on your tractor.

JD offers those brackets, part # LVU25908, but they are $62 each. If you contacted Heavy Hitch, I'm sure they would be able to get you the attaching pieces separately, and probably less than JD.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
If you're going to get a snow blower, or anything thing else that requires the front Quick Hitch, you'll need the mounting kit Kylew described. If so, you may want to hold off and see if the components you need come in the package deal.

Otherwise, Heavy Hitch offers the bracket kit and I'm going to speculate at a better price than JD, but I didn't check. He doesn't have it set up to order online, by itself, so you'll have to call. It is the bracket option on the web page:

https://heavyhitch.com/product/quick-attach-front-weight-bracket/

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
If you're going to get a snow blower, or anything thing else that requires the front Quick Hitch, you'll need the mounting kit Kylew described. If so, you may want to hold off and see if the components you need come in the package deal.

Otherwise, Heavy Hitch offers the bracket kit and I'm going to speculate at a better price than JD, but I didn't check. He doesn't have it set up to order online, by itself, so you'll have to call. It is the bracket option on the web page:https://heavyhitch.com/product/quick-attach-front-weight-bracket/
I believe the bracket only option on that webpage is for the bracket that holds the weights, not the attaching brackets, bolts and pin. I thought they offered the attaching pieces separately but I can't seem to find it. Calling them is probably best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts