Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience moving from a 1025R to a Gen II 2025R with regards to its capability as a mower? I have a 1025R that I currently use to mow about 2.5 acres around my home with few obstacles, though it is mostly on a grade. It has worked extremely well, but I am interested in upgrading my unit to a 2025R to increase its capability for its other uses, mostly snow removal, some small dirt work and work around our crop farm (running augers, tucking away machinery). As I do use it considerably as a mower, I’m interested in knowing if anyone has experience in how the newer generation 2025R compares to the 1025. I expect to lose some maneuverability, though I’ve largely read the effect seems to be minimal. I’ve read that the cut quality is diminished, though I think that was mostly with older generation 2025. I would be running a 60D midmount, as I was on my 1025. Also curious as to whether the same engine moving a larger tire when mowing up a grade, really pushes the limits of the engine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
Last year I went from a 1023 w/54d deck to the new 2025 w/60d deck. I haven't noticed much difference other than I think the 60d cuts better, maneuverability is not that much different IMO (or at least not a big deal) other than mowing around/under trees because you are sitting up higher.

Your lawn looks great btw. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts