Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has done this but I bent the right hand threaded "eye bolt" (for lack of proper name) part of my top link and obviously don't have full use of the threads now. I called local Deere to see if I could just buy that end of the top link but couldn't get a straight answer. Anyone have knowledge of this?

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
A CAT 1 Top Link is a pretty standard item.
Honestly I don't see how JD gets what they do for them.. they aren't even covered with that special green paint
:lol:

Not saying that some aren't stronger than others etc. but any of the aftermarket ones will work

·
Premium Member
13,606 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,606 Posts
Might be right thread.... but is listed as a CAT 2. If it is CAT2 the pin size would be wrong
Damn it :banghead:, I must have copied the wrong one, I could've sworn I was looking at RH thread CAT1 end. Hopefully he gets the point, they're out there for not much :gizmo:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've bent mine as well but a couple minutes in a hydraulic press (with some wood to protect the threads) and it was almost good as new.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Damn it :banghead:, I must have copied the wrong one, I could've sworn I was looking at RH thread CAT1 end. Hopefully he gets the point, they're out there for not much :gizmo:
Yep :bigthumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's what I was afraid of. It seems to be a non standard thread size too. I'm going to measure the threads, didn't have my thread card handy when I had it apart.

Ya, I kinda think the same thing too. I want locknuts for my lower lifting arm turnbuckles, and nothing matches my thread checker, nor could I find a nut at Rural King.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Great replies and links! The thread seems to be a 20mm x 2.50 thread. Hopefully I'll be able to snag one out in the interweb somewhere. :bigthumb:
Yeas as these tractors are built with globally sourced parts the fact that they are metric doesn't surprise me at all.
You can find these at places like Aurora Bearing, RBC Bearing, and most likely MCS (pretty sure Heim makes em in this size)but the prices are going to be prohibitive (i.e. one spherical rod end will cost as much or more than an entire link setup from RK, or TSC).

Edit:
I checked MCS quick, didn't see any metric thread but that doesn't mean they aren't there

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Be careful. One end of the top link is a left-hand thread.

Reactions: JD4044M and Robnik

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
That's really odd that they sell individual parts for the 2-series top-links but not for the 1-series.

Then again, for the price JD charges for one threaded end you can buy TWO complete top-links at TSC and have change left over.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just came here with the same problem. I bent the top link on my tractor and could not get all of the bend out of it. I went ahead and bought one at tractor supply but somewhere there must be a source for the ends.

·
Premium Member
12,620 Posts
can get a aftermarket top link from deere part # PM00332 around 25.00
Interesting... my dealer is showing $23.76. Adjusts from 20-1/2 to 29 inches. Heck, that's cheaper than TSC pricing.

Why would anyone spend $150-$300 for those OEM links?

Reactions: PJR832 and JD4044M
1 - 19 of 19 Posts