Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1025 and when i switch the mower deck to turn on it wants to drop rpms(stuttering) and i get a 424224 error code it does it for a second and goes away. If i try to turn the deck off the error returns. cant find any info anywhere. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
What RPM are your running, when you turn on the deck... It should be at IDLE... to turn deck on and to turn it off.

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
Symptoms lead me to fuel filter plugged. Don’t know about code though

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Are you talking about an error code displaying in the little LCD strip screen at the bottom of the instrument cluster? I thought the error codes were digitized words rather than numbers. Like the days of the first add, subtract, multiply, and divide TI pocket calculators when kids would show thier friends the BOOB on the display, which was really 8008.

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
Its at idle . I should add that i turn up rpms and when i hit high grass it will start losing power. In the past ive never had this happen with high grass.
Symptoms lead me to fuel filter plugged. Don’t know about code though
You should be mowing at 3200 RPM engine speed or showing 2100 at the hr meter location on your dash.

If it is dropping RPM in high grass, I agree with Kbar,, change your baby fuel filter under the floor board.
I have no info concerning the code ..

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Here are the only error codes that are listed in the Technical Service Manual.

SHIFt to NEut--------------Neutral Switch OFF
SHUt Pto OFF--------------PTO ON
Pull CoiL FAult-------------Coil Open or Short to Ground
StArt CoiL FAUlt------------Starter Coil Open or Short to Ground
EnGInE run-----------------Crank Attempt
RIO_ON=------------------ Mid PTO is disabled
RPEdAL SEnSE-------------Sensor Inputs NC and NO both at 12V or at Ground
PtO CoIL FAULt------------PTO Coil Open or Short to Ground
RIGht Bulb Error-----------Bulb Open
LEFt Bulb Error-------------Bulb Open
EnGIne Error HEAt---------Engine Coolant Above 112C/234F

Unless I am mistaken the only numbers that display in the little window are tractor HOURS and RPM's (that's PTO RPM, not engine RPM). And what looks like a bunch of 8's which comes on for a second when the key is first turned on.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I thought the error codes were digitized words rather than numbers.
Unless I am mistaken the only numbers that display in the little window are tractor HOURS and RPM's
On my 2020 1025R I've seen both types of messages. Usually just "SHIFt to NEut" but I've also gotten a numeric code "523591 14" along with the service alert light flashing.

This person got the same code...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
@SWFL1025 what year is your tractor and did you get the other part of the error code? The code will appear in 2 parts, first you'll see six or so digits then display will change and show the last 2 digits. So for my example above I saw 523591 then 14 and the display will alternate rapidly between them. Rapidly you might want to video it so you can hit pause and read the numbers lol.

Put the code together and you get 523591.14 which is how most JD codes I have seen are written.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I have had a numeric error code pop up on my display on my 2016 1025r. I think it was overheating while I mowed a tall field.

Maybe the numeric thing doesn't happen on the newer models?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Administrator
22,935 Posts
Here are the only error codes that are listed in the Technical Service Manual.

SHIFt to NEut--------------Neutral Switch OFF
SHUt Pto OFF--------------PTO ON
Pull CoiL FAult-------------Coil Open or Short to Ground
StArt CoiL FAUlt------------Starter Coil Open or Short to Ground
EnGInE run-----------------Crank Attempt
RIO_ON=------------------ Mid PTO is disabled
RPEdAL SEnSE-------------Sensor Inputs NC and NO both at 12V or at Ground
PtO CoIL FAULt------------PTO Coil Open or Short to Ground
RIGht Bulb Error-----------Bulb Open
LEFt Bulb Error-------------Bulb Open
EnGIne Error HEAt---------Engine Coolant Above 112C/234F

Unless I am mistaken the only numbers that display in the little window are tractor HOURS and RPM's (that's PTO RPM, not engine RPM). And what looks like a bunch of 8's which comes on for a second when the key is first turned on.
Thanks for the list, I'll put that in the tech library.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Running on gas might cause a fault code....... 😁

·
Registered
818 Posts
When you hit the PTO switch, the display always changes to numbers. It’s the RPM of the PTO. The range depends on the PTO you have selected:

Rear only <= 540
Mid only or Mid and Rear <=2100

so if you see numbers, try increasing the throttle and see if the numbers change accordingly.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
I have a 1025 and when i switch the mower deck to turn on it wants to drop rpms(stuttering) and i get a 424224 error code it does it for a second and goes away. If i try to turn the deck off the error returns. cant find any info anywhere. Thanks
I found this error code in my Technical Manual:

524224/14 - PTO Switch/Fault - The two circuits used to indicate PTO switch position are at the same voltage.

Says to check Mid/Both/Rear PTO Select Switch

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,233 Posts
Here's the list of trouble codes from the 1025R Technical Manual TM149119 (06JUL20).

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.