Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired two Titan ripper shanks and was thinking of building a 3 point mounted Ripper/ Subsoiler to pull with my 1025 …
Question is ..
With loaded R4 rear tires, would the 1025 handle TWO ripper shanks at once or should I just build a one shank ripper ?

G

·
Premium Member
10,913 Posts
With perfect soil you might be able to pull two rippers but I'd be inclined to stick with one. My 2720 has loaded rear tires and my sub-soiler can still halt forward motion if it encounters tough ground.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have acquired two Titan ripper shanks and was thinking of building a 3 point mounted Ripper/ Subsoiler to pull with my 1025 …
Question is ..
With loaded R4 rear tires, would the 1025 handle TWO ripper shanks at once or should I just build a one shank ripper ?

G
In a word....No, a 1025R will not handle a two shank ripper.

Here is our episode showing a single shank ripper in some of the softest soil conceivable:

Filled tires, wheel weights, and another ~330lbs of added weights on the ripper itself. As you can see, Johnny is fully consumed with this load.

Tim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK ... Thanks guys for the feedback, you saved me the time and expense of building something that the 1025 wouldn’t pull well.
A single shank ripper it will be ... :good2:

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts