Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

After my father has borrowed my 1025r he is in the market, he is looking at the 2032R. What are the main differences, besides the engine size and tire size? His biggest concerns is drive over mower deck(doesn't want to fool around with the deck). And size, he likes the 2 series for a little more ground clearance, I think the 2 series and 1 series are pretty much the same tractor besides the tires.

Tell me your thoughts!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts
I think the 2 series and 1 series are pretty much the same tractor besides the tires.
Only if you are referring to the 2025R, which IMO isn't really a 2 series.

There are many many differences between a 2032 and a 1025.

HP, tractor, drawbar and PTO
3 point lift height and weight.
Steering brakes
An actual drawbar
Electronic E-throttle
Better cruise control
FEL, the 220R is far more capable, especially the MSL
The most ergonomic open operator's station of any of the compact lineup

Oh, I know I'm leaving out a lot, there really is no comparison between the two. The 1 series IMO is a residential machine, the large 2R's are a tractor, a very capable tractor. I've had a 1023E, a 2025R and a 2038R, there is simply too much of a difference between the three.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Good morning,

After my father has borrowed my 1025r he is in the market, he is looking at the 2032R. What are the main differences, besides the engine size and tire size? His biggest concerns is drive over mower deck(doesn't want to fool around with the deck). And size, he likes the 2 series for a little more ground clearance, I think the 2 series and 1 series are pretty much the same tractor besides the tires.

Tell me your thoughts!

Thanks
The 2025R is pretty much the same, the 2032 and 2038s are what is called a large frame 2 or some might say it is 2.75 it is nearly as large as a 3 only with smaller tires then a 3.

The 2025R is more like 1R+ or a 1.5 series. It has a 6 inch longer wheelbase to allow for larger tires then the 1R it uses most of the same attachments as the 1R like the loader and mower decks. It has a slightly higher flow rate, so it can lift a few pounds more not much at all different there.

The biggest gains with the 2025R is ground clearance and ride comfort, and personally I think the 2025R has a little better ergonomics in regards to the OS.

The 2032R will come with a healthy price jump over the 2025R or 1025R due to a few things, larger frame more material cost and anything larger then 25HP requires a DPF (Diesel particulate filter system) on the exhaust to meet the emission requirements which that adds up to quite a bit of the cost difference with that DPF system alone.

I have had all 3 1025, Gen2 2025 and 2038, I will say the 2025R is my favorite of the 3, for various reasons.

For me the 2025R was perfect fit and is what I have today. The 2038R was too large physically to get into some of the tight areas I wanted to use it, the 1025 lacked ground clearance and road somewhat rough. Very happy with my gen 2 2020 2025R.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like your dislikes of the 2038 would be the same dislikes my father would have. He wants to keep as close to the size of my 1025r with a little more ground clearance. He wants to use it to mow lawn, but then easily be able to throw loader on it to move some dirt easy(sometimes the Case 580 Super M is just too big)

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts
Sounds like your dislikes of the 2038 would be the same dislikes my father would have. He wants to keep as close to the size of my 1025r with a little more ground clearance. He wants to use it to mow lawn, but then easily be able to throw loader on it to move some dirt easy(sometimes the Case 580 Super M is just too big)
I know they are scarce right now, but if your dealer has a 2025R you should let him sit on it. I opted for a dedicated mower this time around, so for my use the 2038R is perfect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PJR, I think that is what he is going to do. Just wanted to get some ideas from non sales people, I didn't see your first response, and yeah my dad isn't looking so much for a real tractor, just a glorified lawn mower, that can move dirt and run some of the 3 point attachments he has if needed. I was thinking the 2032 would be a better choice than the 2025 but not sure now for what he is doing.

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts
Just wanted to get some ideas from non sales people
Personally I liked my 2025R, it just didn't have quite enough capabilities for our operation, I think he'd be happy with one.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It sounds like the 2025r would be a good choice for him, it's a very maneuverable compact tractor and it's a good compromise between the 1025 and the 2032. I have the 2025r was interested in trading up to the 2032r until I went and looked at one and realized how much larger the 2032r is and realized then that my 2025r is the perfect sized tractor for me at this time.

Reactions: Jdw1 and cc1999

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I agree, it sounds like a 2025r is up his alley. A 2032r or a 2038r is a pretty big step up in capabilities and price from a 1025r.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The 2025R is a good machine, and I know I may be biased because I own one, but it's true. PJR ran his operation with one (not as easily as his larger 2 of course) so that's gotta tell you something. I always recommend jumping right to a 2025R if you're considering a 1025R, it's well worth the small increase in cost.

Reactions: cc1999 and Big

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
The 2025R is a good machine, and I know I may be biased because I own one, but it's true. PJR ran his operation with one (not as easily as his larger 2 of course) so that's gotta tell you something. I always recommend jumping right to a 2025R if you're considering a 1025R, it's well worth the small increase in cost.

Having had both, I agree with you 100%.
I do pretty much the same thing.
Nothing wrong with 1025R , just from my experience with the two, the 2025R resolves pretty much everything I didn’t like about the 1025R. And also resolved everything I didn’t like about the 2038R.

I had originally jumped from 1025R up to the 2038R, at the time I also had two 3Rs and the 2038R was almost the same size yet lack a lot of 3R capability, and I felt I no longer had a compact machine to get into tight work spaces that I use to easily get into with 1025R. To me the 2025R is the perfect machine for what I was after.

Reactions: trav and 12dbsinad

·
Registered
745 Posts
Having had both, I agree with you 100%.
I do pretty the same thing.
Nothing wrong with 1025R , just from my experience with the two, the 2025R resolves pretty much everything I didn’t like about the 1025R. And also resolved everything I didn’t like about the 2038R.

I had originally jumped from 1025R up to the 2038R, at the time I also had two 3Rs and the 2038R was almost the same size yet lack a lot of 3R capability, and I felt I no longer had a compact machine to get into tight work spaces that I use to easily get into with 1025R. To me the 2025R is the perfect machine for what I was after.
I do a lot of work in the woods, in and around the barn and horse pasture fencing on my small hobby farm, so having a small machine is a plus. I almost traded up to a larger 2 at one point but couldn't justify it. It would be nice, but I could barley fit down my trails as it is with the 2025R so that worried me some. We feed out small square bales and not heavy rounds so lifting those are a non issue for me. All in all the 2025R does everything I ask it to do, and it has been super reliable. So I decided to just keep it and put that extra money I would have spent on other things around the farm and attachments.

Not to hijack the thread, but what did you not like about the larger 2038R? Was it a Gen2?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone, he is looking between the 2025 and 2032R. We do have 127 acres and may use this on the trails(width of trails is no issue, the Case runs down them). He def. wants a bigger tractor than my 1025R( now knowing more, I wish I would of went with the 2 series but that ship has sailed). Our local Deere dealer has 5 of each in stock so he will hopefully be looking at them this week..

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
I do a lot of work in the woods, in and around the barn and horse pasture fencing on my small hobby farm, so having a small machine is a plus. I almost traded up to a larger 2 at one point but couldn't justify it. It would be nice, but I could barley fit down my trails as it is with the 2025R so that worried me some. We feed out small square bales and not heavy rounds so lifting those are a non issue for me. All in all the 2025R does everything I ask it to do, and it has been super reliable. So I decided to just keep it and put that extra money I would have spent on other things around the farm and attachments.

Not to hijack the thread, but what did you not like about the larger 2038R? Was it a Gen2?
The 2038R was an 18 or 19, didn’t have it very long, maybe a year if that.
Size was nearly same as my 3Rs at the time only lacking in 3R capability.
So I lost my ultra compact size of the 1025, The 2025R resolved the size issues, and really all the issues or complaints I had with the 1025, or the 2038 For that matter.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
339 Posts
1025/2025R, are very similar, too similar for many users. The larger framed 32/38R are in a different league in so many ways. I have used both the 1025R and 2025R, I really couldn't tell any significant differences, other than a couple inches of ride height. I opted to stick with the 1025R because of the unbelievable deal I got (used). If I was going to move up at all, I would go with the 2032 or more than likely the 2038R. Before you even start those two up and just sit down, you know there is a big difference. When you start them up, it becomes even more apparent. They feel smoother, more polished, like a REAL tractor. I don't care for the regen and extra electronics that come with them, but it's the nature of the Tier IV beast.
I certainly would be very happy with either model and can definitely agree the weight and wheel size can be advantageous. But, If your budget allows, go with the biggest you can afford. Not many people ever say...I wish I had less lift capacity or HP or capability. The only disadvantage of the larger tractors for me would be turning radius/maneuverability.
My buddy has the 2025R and he loves it, but did comment a couple of times that it feels underpowered in certain situations. I suspect it was because of coming from a similar tractor (maybe 2305) that weighed less, so the hills probably highlighted the tractor straining a little climbing hills and mowing in high range like he did previously.

The bottom line is that there is no "right" answer, only opinions and shared experiences. Hopefully you can demo one or both and see what does it for you.

I do like the slightly lower center of gravity on the 1025R for the hills I have.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hello all wanted to follow up on this, the old man decided on the 2025r, factory cab, drive over mower deck 60 inch with separate mower lift and front mount snow blower 54". He will be picking the bad boy up next week. Dealer had a couple 2025r in stock with cabs on them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts