Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the 1025R and the 2320 with FEL and front mounted snowblower. I have 3acres but only 1if to mow my main use of the tractor will be driveway maintenance and snow removal. I have about 100 yards of decommissioned class six road as a driveway entrance and a 50lot yard by 20 yard parking area, all gravel. I need to be able to grade and snowblow this in less than the current 3hrs. I regularly get snowfall of more than 8inches with a highway wingblade snow bank about 3 to 4 feet high and 4 to 6 feet wide. My class six regularly washes out in the spring and heavy rain storms. Any suggestions as to which tractor would be better suited for these tasks. I'm on a limited budget

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I've only had my 1025R for one weekend and I've really been impressed with the power of this machine. I'd have to believe that with a snowblower the 1025R would be sufficient for what you're describing. Mine pulls a full load of material in a 48" box blade just fine for re-grading a washout (that's what I'm using it for)

What's the budget? Neither are cheap machines.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The budget is around $20,000 to $25,000 with the attachments I listed but it's more about the monthly payment than the overall cost

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
I am also thinking the 1025r. Especially if you don't need the ground clearance.
BTW, Welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well at the moment ground clearance isn't an issue but I'm planning on getting the BH maybe next year and clearing some of the woods for a shooting range. If I pop stumps as I go will I be ok with the low ground clearance?
Thanks for the welcome I've been reading here and you guys know your stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Mine is running me $278/month @ 0% interest /72-month term.

It was just under $20K out the door on my 1025R with FEL ($3100), ballast box, boxblade ($650), full hydraulic snowplow ($1300) and 60" MMM ($2350), 4-wheel chains ($200) and Rimguard ($250)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My quote from the nearest JD dealer was $19,000 for the 1025R with the attachments listed at 0% for 60 months and $12,500 down. Puts my payment around $110 a month. Moneys tight right now but I'm beating myself to death the way I'm doing it right now.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
My quote from the nearest JD dealer was $19,000 for the 1025R with the attachments listed at 0% for 60 months and $12,500 down. Puts my payment around $110 a month. Moneys tight right now but I'm beating myself to death the way I'm doing it right now.
FYI...If you sign-up for a Drive Green event you can get another $500 off or extend the financing to 72 months vs 60 months.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip. Is that a JD website deal or at the dealership?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also was talking with the owner of the nearest JD dealer who happened to be in a trapping course I took a few weeks ago and he recommended a land plane over a box scraper because the scarifiers would make my driveway muddy vs just knocking down the high spots. Any opinions?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
Well at the moment ground clearance isn't an issue but I'm planning on getting the BH maybe next year and clearing some of the woods for a shooting range. If I pop stumps as I go will I be ok with the low ground clearance?
Thanks for the welcome I've been reading here and you guys know your stuff!
To save some money I'd still go the for the 1025r. As far as taking out the stumps, not sure it makes a whole lot of difference which machine you have. Renting a larger machine for the day is an avenue later on also.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my quote on the 2320 with 53FEL and 54 front blower. It's a $1500 dollar difference and doesn't break the bank. Is the vote still for the 1025R?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
If it was only $1500 difference I'd be tempted to get the bigger machine. I chose the 1025R because I still mow with it and have to get in and around trees.

I'd go bigger if it was in the budget if you don't have clearance constraints.

Although that $1500 would go a long way towards the backhoe you said you wanted next year.

I looked at it this way - with 72 month terms - every $720 was $10/month. I got all of the implements I felt I would need for the term of the loan (next 6 years) - although I'll end up buying some less expensive TSC tools for certain jobs as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My only concern with the 2320 is to get to the front yard I have to drive over my soil pipe but I'd be buying it with the turf tires. Would they distribute the weight enough?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have the R4 tires on mine and even in my softer soil it doesn't seem to sink in that bad. I would think a typical car would exert a heavier footprint than either of these tractors. 1025R (just tractor) weighs in around 1500 lbs, even with the loader & boxblade it's around 2300.

2320 is 1666lb so it's not a ton heavier. I would think the taller tires would be nice for moving around in the deeper snow as well.

With the minimal weight difference and the larger tires on the 2320 - it might actually exert a lighter footprint than the 1025R (lb/in2)

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
Ianm150,
I'd say sstlaure has a good post.
Does a storage building for the tractor come into play?
Sounds like you may want the 2320 but you know the 1025r would do the work, (pretty much like a lot of people)?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a shelter logic and when the ROPS is folded it can't be taller than me. I'm 6,2. I plan on running this tractor for years to come and I don't want to wish I had purchased a bigger tractor a couple years from now. Yes I would like the 2320 but I don't want to go overkill.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Better to get a little too much tractor than too little.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts