Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

Premium Member
As stated above its your money and do as you wish. I have an X758, 2038R and a 4066R on the way with 3 acres. However I take care of an additional 8 or so acres of adjoining neighboring lots and am on the hunt for a 20+ acre camping property. Still wayyy overkill but these tractors are my hobby. Gave up the race cars for it and I thoroughly enjoy all time spent on them, in them, tinkering with them etc. That being said, how hilly is your property?. The X758 is an absolute beast on hills, 20 degrees plus side hilling. However as mentioned a loader is an awesome tool you will find alot of used for. If the ropes doesn't bother you and your lawn isn't crazy hilly, I say go for the 1025 馃憤
I agree 100%, I am on 12 acres and my tractor collection would seem way overkill too, but I sure have a lot of fun playing on my tractors and with a large pond and lots of trees and lots of yard that I like to keep mowed and trimmed up like a golf course, I manage to find projects that keep all of them in use quite regularly, I think in the past 2-3 years both on tractors that I have today and some that I traded off to get up to the tractors that I have today, I have logged at least 2000 hours of tractor seat time in that time.
I use to be big into ATVs for over a decade, we would travel long distances and go on big group rides, at one point got into sand drags for a few years as well, also had boats, and other toys over the years. Now days I am back to my roots playing on my big green tractors. When I was younger growing up we called it work. LOL
The tractors have replaced pretty much all my other hobbies these days.

As to the OPs question, I think if your mowing some steep banks, ditches, have a lot of trees to mow around, then the X758 probably is the best option. Those steep ditch banks Arsenix200 was describing using his X758, is the exact same reason I bought my X758.
It is by far most capable mower for challenging or difficult terrain.

I had a Diesel Z9 for a few months, and constantly got it stuck and could not hold a ditch bank at all, just horrible mower for my application, it soon got traded for the X758 I still own and love today.
On my X758, I have versa turf radial tires, the rears are loaded with ballast, I have suitcase weights on the front to help keep nose planed on steep banks. I added a 3pt hitch, which I would probably not do again.

I had to bypass the seat safety because you can actually set up on the side of the seat on really steep slopes and still hold it solid and stable as can be.

If your on more flat ground, then sure the 1025R would probably be the better choice given all the optional equipment your putting on that X758. It likely might actually be cheaper to do those on the 1025R then the X758.
The rear 3pt is not cheap, and then add rear PTO also expensive add to a X758. Also the rear 3pt has a higher lift capacity on the 1025R then the X758. Both have the same engines and should offer first class cut quality for mowing.

There was mention of rear bagger. You can opt for the TKV20 which is a far superior bagger system compared to the MSC. That alone provided the OPs terrain is not needing the Billy goat capability of the X758, I would for sure go with the 1025R just so I could also go with the TKV20 bagger system. I used that MSC setup for years on my X740 and now that I have the TKV20 on my 2025R, there is no way I would ever go back to the MSC setup.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I agree 100%, I am on 12 acres and my tractor collection would seem way overkill too, but I sure have a lot of fun playing on my tractors and with a large pond and lots of trees and lots of yard that I like to keep mowed and trimmed up like a golf course, I manage to find projects that keep all of them in use quite regularly, I think in the past 2-3 years both on tractors that I have today and some that I traded off to get up to the tractors that I have today, I have logged at least 2000 hours of tractor seat time in that time.
I use to be big into ATVs for over a decade, we would travel long distances and go on big group rides, at one point got into sand drags for a few years as well, also had boats, and other toys over the years. Now days I am back to my roots playing on my big green tractors. When I was younger growing up we called it work. LOL
The tractors have replaced pretty much all my other hobbies these days.

As to the OPs question, I think if your mowing some steep banks, ditches, have a lot of trees to mow around, then the X758 probably is the best option. Those steep ditch banks Arsenix200 was describing using his X758, is the exact same reason I bought my X758.
It is by far most capable mower for challenging or difficult terrain.

I had a Diesel Z9 for a few months, and constantly got it stuck and could not hold a ditch bank at all, just horrible mower for my application, it soon got traded for the X758 I still own and love today.
On my X758, I have versa turf radial tires, the rears are loaded with ballast, I have suitcase weights on the front to help keep nose planed on steep banks. I added a 3pt hitch, which I would probably not do again.

I had to bypass the seat safety because you can actually set up on the side of the seat on really steep slopes and still hold it solid and stable as can be.

If your on more flat ground, then sure the 1025R would probably be the better choice given all the optional equipment your putting on that X758. It likely might actually be cheaper to do those on the 1025R then the X758.
The rear 3pt is not cheap, and then add rear PTO also expensive add to a X758. Also the rear 3pt has a higher lift capacity on the 1025R then the X758. Both have the same engines and should offer first class cut quality for mowing.

There was mention of rear bagger. You can opt for the TKV20 which is a far superior bagger system compared to the MSC. That alone provided the OPs terrain is not needing the Billy goat capability of the X758, I would for sure go with the 1025R just so I could also go with the TKV20 bagger system. I used that MSC setup for years on my X740 and now that I have the TKV20 on my 2025R, there is no way I would ever go back to the MSC setup.
cc1999, I looked at the tkv20 right now it鈥檚 a bit much.. maybe in the future I was impressed by it for sure! Everything I mow is flat except for a narrow spot along the side of my house.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I ended up going with a 1025r with loader, 54 inch deck, 54 inch snow blower, 3 bag with power flow. He said maybe a week or two till they get everything together.. that鈥檚 better then a month or two.. out the door after tax and they are giving me a $700 credit for a older deck that I had for the x758 I am looking at around $27,500鈥 man that鈥檚 a spendy machine.

In plan on doing 10-11k down and finance the rest for 84 months.

thank you everyone for all of the input, it鈥檚 greatly appreciated!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
As stated above its your money and do as you wish. I have an X758, 2038R and a 4066R on the way with 3 acres. However I take care of an additional 8 or so acres of adjoining neighboring lots and am on the hunt for a 20+ acre camping property. Still wayyy overkill but these tractors are my hobby. Gave up the race cars for it and I thouroughly enjoy all time spent on them, in them, tinkering with them etc. That being said, how hilly is your property?. The X758 is an absolute beast on hills, 20 degrees plus side hilling. However as mentioned a loader is an awesome tool you will find alot of used for. If the rops doesnt bother you and your lawn isn't crazy hilly, I say go for the 1025 馃憤
I have one small little angle on the side of my house I wouldn鈥檛 even call it a hill otherwise everything is flat鈥 I like the way you think with your tractors :)

Premium Member
cc1999, I looked at the tkv20 right now it鈥檚 a bit much.. maybe in the future I was impressed by it for sure! Everything I mow is flat except for a narrow spot along the side of my house.
I think you made a great choice. Congrats.
With the 1025R you can always upgrade to a TKV20 later if ever want, or need to.
The x758 is not compatible with the TKV20. Not sure why, just know they don鈥檛 have kit for it, and told me it was not recommended for the X7 series.

Reactions: dixie460

Registered
Congrats!

Reactions: dixie460

Registered
I ended up going with a 1025r with loader...
Congrats - Maybe if JD still offered the 45 loader it would be a harder choice but, as great as the x7 is, IMO once you start talking about adding rear pto, 3pt hitch, etc. and the future possibility of wanting a loader, then you are in 1 series territory. The only downside I see is you now have a tractor that is open to using a much bigger range of implements.....the tractor itself may end up being the cheapest part of your purchase ;)

Registered
That鈥檚 11k more than I paid 3 years ago. That blower and bagger must be expensive, Holy cow.

Premium Member
If Deere isn't requiring the down payment of $10k to $11k, I personally would hang onto the cash and finance the entire thing at 0%................$28,000 divided by 84 months is $333.33 per month...........

Registered
If Deere isn't requiring the down payment of $10k to $11k, I personally would hang onto the cash and finance the entire thing at 0%................$28,000 divided by 84 months is $333.33 per month...........
I鈥檝e not seen Deere offer 0 for 84. Currently they show 0 for 72, no mention of 84 online. When I bought mine it was 0 for 72 or 4.9 for 84.

Registered
They offer 84 but they apply higher pricing.

When I bought my 1025 in early 2020, 60 months was the longest term that was same pricing as cash.

72 and 84 each added respectively more cost to the bottom line. 鈥淔ree鈥 financing. For a fee.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
They offer 84 but they apply higher pricing.

When I bought my 1025 in early 2020, 60 months was the longest term that was same pricing as cash.

72 and 84 each added respectively more cost to the bottom line. 鈥淔ree鈥 financing. For a fee.
I鈥檝e seen this financing fee at two places so far especially with he 72 months .9% on what you borrow and 84 months is 3% on what you borrow. They said with the down payment that big I could wave the fees.. honestly I just want lower payments鈥 Now that I think about it they probably moved numbers around a bit to include that fee.. it鈥檚 all cagey with these salesmen.. I鈥檝e gotten 3 quotes and the numbers are different for all 3..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
They don鈥檛 require it but I want a lower monthly payment and supposedly putting that much down they will allow me to do 84 months financing with no extra 3% fee..

Registered
About 12,300 in attachments including the loader, deck, blower, and bagger..
Yeah, I got mine with the loader and deck for 16,500. That鈥檚 why I said what I did.

Premium Member
I believe Deere essentially caps how much they are willing to contribute to the interest rate buy down.
Nothing is really free, that amount Deere kicks in is the rear incentive part or that part that might be considered almost free, sometimes even that is leu of factory cash rebate.
Anything else that is offered beyond that is generally paid by the dealer which of course has it worked out to where it is either built into the selling price or more transparently disclosed as a fee for that buy down which some of you have seen dealers doing.
Not that it is a bad deal at all, quite often if you run through all the numbers/math it still works out to be far better deal then cashing out other investment moneys to pay cash. Everyone's situation is different, the manufacture promotions are always changing.
So in the end, it is really up to the consumer to due their own financial math to sort out works best for them.

Reactions: trav

Registered
@Merchlewitz 鈥 I'm late to the party, but I just wanted to say that you made the right decision.

I moved into my 3-acre property in late 2016 and originally went for the x590. I realized I wanted more and moved up to the x758 the year after.

I ended up trading in the x758 this year and went for a 2020 1025R with a bunch of attachments. I should have gone straight to the 1025R. It's everything I need for my property. Like many others, I use the loader a lot more than I thought I would.

Congrats on the purchase. I'm sure you'll be very happy!

Registered
Hi All I am new here.. I currently have a X758 reserved with all the bells and whistles.. PTO/3 Point etc.. I've also ordered a snow blower, 3 bagger with the power bagger. The guy had mentioned with all of the accessories I added I might be better off with a 1025R.

I live in town and don't have a very big yard.. less than a quarter of an acre.. after adding all the goodies on the tractor I started thinking about the loader.. they don't really offer a JD loader for the X758..

When I first was looking at the X758 vs the 1025R I thought the 1025R was much bigger.. but I don't think that's the case at all? the 1025R also comes stock with PTO and 3 point..

I am tempted to call him Monday and switch my order from the X758 to the 1025R because it seems like there are so many more options? Is the seat space larger between the steering wheel on the 1025R vs a X758? My children like to ride with me when doing things around the house.

A question I have is if you were to mow with the 1025R does it rip the grass up with it being heavier and a bit longer?
I think you will find that a loader comes in very handy. I have a 1025R. I have the new R3 radial tires. They are great so far. And yes, anything will tear up your sod while in 4 WD. I was actually told by my salesman that if your going to get a tractor like you described (X758 with options) you are better off paying a little more for the 1025R (or 1023E). It is a big investment and you should think it through so you are happy down the road. 1025R has the load N go ramps for servicing your mower deck also !! Mark

41 - 60 of 76 Posts