Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My understanding is that my 1025r purchased in 9/2014 came with a 3 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty and a 2 year 2000 hour bumper to bumper type warranty.

Back in May, well past the 2 year bumper to bumper I had a seal leaking on my front axle on the left side, my dealer repaired it zero questions asked under warranty.

Last week, I noticed my mid pto seal was leaking and took it to my dealer. Today I got a call today from a new service manager saying that "my tractor was finished" and that the mid pto seal isn't covered under the powertrain warranty. Reading the fine print of the warranty it stated transmission, case, housing internals ect... are all covered. It states that it does not include external drivelines.

Now giving it's location on my transmission, not replacing the pto seal would cause fluid to leak out of the rear end resulting in transmission damage if I'm not mistaken right? I understand not covering a physical external driveline, but the seal is a necessity to keep the transmission sealed up isn't it?

They are attempting to fight me on the coverage of this, not to mention I specifically stated that I DID NOT WANT work performed that was not covered under warranty. Any ideas before I go lose my mind on my dealers service department?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I have an idea... Go over there and lose your mind at the service dept!

Sounds to me like your logic is valid if your dates are correct. I think some of the guys on here know who your next phone call should be made to. Certainly time to go over that guys head. :nunu:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I saw that fine print in my warranty as well but I took it that external drive line would be like a pto shaft to the mmm or other implement so I think if you push the issue they might back down but be nice and cool for as long as possible please keep us updated thanks Heath

·
Registered
515 Posts
If the completed work that's not authorized they could have a mess on their hands. Then add in you specifically said not to perform work that wasn't covered under warranty. I think you'll be ok in this. Might not hurt to get the SM involved also

Brett

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
My understanding is that my 1025r purchased in 9/2014 came with a 3 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty and a 2 year 2000 hour bumper to bumper type warranty.

Back in May, well past the 2 year bumper to bumper I had a seal leaking on my front axle on the left side, my dealer repaired it zero questions asked under warranty.

Last week, I noticed my mid pto seal was leaking and took it to my dealer. Today I got a call today from a new service manager saying that "my tractor was finished" and that the mid pto seal isn't covered under the powertrain warranty. Reading the fine print of the warranty it stated transmission, case, housing internals ect... are all covered. It states that it does not include external drivelines.

Now giving it's location on my transmission, not replacing the pto seal would cause fluid to leak out of the rear end resulting in transmission damage if I'm not mistaken right? I understand not covering a physical external driveline, but the seal is a necessity to keep the transmission sealed up isn't it?

They are attempting to fight me on the coverage of this, not to mention I specifically stated that I DID NOT WANT work performed that was not covered under warranty. Any ideas before I go lose my mind on my dealers service department?
Did he say Deere denied the warranty claim? The seal should be covered unless there was for instance something wrapped up in in.. Twine, rope, wire ect. Or any other physical damage. How much is the bill? If you told them they were not authorized to do any non warranty work, then I think yur covered. They should eat it and learn from their mistakes. Cool heads prevail.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Iceman7c
If you don't mind me asking, curious what dealer it is in upstate NY. Sounds like a run around and wondering if it is the dealer "chain" I am going to have to use for any warranty work I may need done on my used 2016 1025R.
Sounds like you have them on this one sure hope it works out right for you!

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
Iceman7c
If you don't mind me asking, curious what dealer it is in upstate NY. Sounds like a run around and wondering if it is the dealer "chain" I am going to have to use for any warranty work I may need done on my used 2016 1025R.
Sounds like you have them on this one sure hope it works out right for you!
My dealer "chain" is Cazenovia Equipment, now I can only speak for one of their locations, but at my location their service manager is the best. He will do whatever is necessary to ensure the customer is taken care of in the best means possible. A different service manager at a different location could interpret things completely different.

my .02

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,324 Posts
If the completed work that's not authorized they could have a mess on their hands. Then add in you specifically said not to perform work that wasn't covered under warranty. I think you'll be ok in this. Might not hurt to get the SM involved also
Brett
I'd have to agree with Brett. No work(non-warranty) should have been performed without your approval.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
PJR832
Understood service manager to service manager can vary greatly but sometimes the DNA carries from one family owned branch to another. You are little further north than me I am closest to the Lindsey Equip family line of dealers just a different one from where the original owner purchased it from.
Appreciate the feedback though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm waiting on a call back here in a bit... and yes the chain is cazenovia, which up until this issue has been great to work with. This new service manager seems to be a fl by the seat of his pants kind of guy. In the end my biggest issue os i stated that no work was to be performed outside of the confines of my warranty. Its something I could have fixed myself, but why get dirty if it's "Covered"?

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out for you:good2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts