Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to this great resource (GTT) I finally made my decision. I ordered a 1025R FILB which should be here this week.

I just couldn't take the agony of deciding what to get any longer. :lol: I must have every spec of every tractor made in a spreadsheet!

I was curious what I should check out when it arrives. Anything specific to look for that might require a quick fix or a dealer fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Obbviously....you weren't paying attention. If you had...then you would have picked a 2 series...cuz...we....are the coolest.:lol: Congrats for the next best one tho!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just curious when you say "ordered", do you mean ordered from the factory or the dealer already has one on the lot?
My dealer is still telling me "end of September" for a FILB from the factory. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Check you wallet for extra cash. The Attachments will be call you to take them home.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The first thing I checked, before even signing for it, was for the "Droopy Bucket Syndrome".

Make sure that you have a box with the 3pt parts in it. Open the hood and check the oil cooler for fin damage. On mine there is some crushing apparently caused when someone at the factory bumped it while installing the battery.

Above the left wheel, under the fuel tank there is a support rod. Mine was at an odd angle, not where it was supposed to be.

Stand behind the tractor and check to see if the seat is leaning. Mine was. I am very sensitive to things not being straight so this really bothered me. I fixed it myself but had I noticed earlier I would have had the dealer do it. Later at the dealer I noticed a couple other tractors with the same issue.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Tire pressures!!!!

Avoid not reading the manual!

Any hydraulic accessories like front plows, etc., check ALL of the hose fittings BEFORE it snows!

Check that the "Traction Lock" is not stuck in "Lock". (Some have had this problem.)

...and I'm sure by now on this "new and improved model" they have redesigned and stabilized the TLB rotating floppy seat business!

I made 2 quick "cheat sheet/Cliff's Notes" cards that made installing/uninstalling the BH and FEL steps easier.

Good luck and enjoy, can you dig it?:good2::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got lucky and the dealer had a 1025R FILB on the lot. This is why I was able to get a quick delivery scheduled.

Guess once it arrives the Mrs's will have my 'HoneyDew' list all ready for me :read

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
I got lucky and the dealer had a 1025R FILB on the lot. This is why I was able to get a quick delivery scheduled.

Guess once it arrives the Mrs's will have my 'HoneyDew' list all ready for me :read
May as well get her a notepad now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just took delivery of my 1025R FILB (aka TLB) about 3 weeks ago. I think 1 Series owners should be the "coolest" since we have to do more with less! This is my first tractor and I love it! I'm amazed at what it can do for being a "lil guy". I was just in time to get some new "bling" too, as Ken just released his gold hook and clevis mounts. I installed 3 of them on my bucket, highly recommended.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1025R arrived!!!!!

Took delivery of 1025R filb today. Went over it and found a few things.

1. Yes the cooler fins are damaged in a couple spots, I did point it out to the dealer.

2. The seat belt on both sides interfere with the rotating of the seat. On one side it is hard to get to the release lever, then when you rotate you hit the side where the belt is stored. I loosened the bolt so they can flop down and it helps a little. Unfortunately that makes it hard to use 4wd lever.

3. Tire pressure. Yes it was off.. one rear tire at 30 psi.. others at 22 psi.

4. Seat switch wire is routed so it lands right on the rubber stopper the seat sits on... the wire is flat as a pancake. Will be moving this to prevent the wire from getting damaged.

5. No Floopy or Droopy loader issue. Seems to be fine.. so maybe they fixed the 1025R's at the factory.

6. Watch that Boom on the backhoe, it is really sensitive. Curious why that function moves so much faster than the rest... hmmmm

7. Can't find a seat cover. Tried the LP95233, but it is a little short... not sure if they make one for this seat yet.

Can't wait for the weekend to get some diggin hours....

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
6. Watch that Boom on the backhoe, it is really sensitive. Curious why that function moves so much faster than the rest... hmmmm
The sensitivity of the boom is already reduced from what it would be if valved the same as the other controls, the remaining sensitivity is just because of the geometry. It is more sensitive when near vertical than when stretched out.

Whatever style of controls (Cat or ISO) that Deere uses, I was used to the other one. So I thought, no problem, I'll just swap the hoses around and it will be the way I like. Well, it didn't quite work out. You think it's sensitive now? Try swapping the hoses then you will really see what sensitive is, meanwhile the stick (crowd) will be really slow. I expected to find a restrictor that I could move to the other valve but that was not an option. The reason is that the spool valve for the boom is a different style than the other three.

So I learned another control scheme. Still don't like it as much but it feels fairly natural now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I think he's making mulch.:unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
Wow... Gizmo getting slow these days... no request for picture yet.. :laugh: Must be on vacation.

View attachment 31667
Nice unit, I'd be happy with that.
I figured you were probably working the honeydew list and didn't have time for pictures. :hide:
Now for the big question! Does Mrs Honeydew like it?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
Gizmo2 is a busy man. Give the guy a break!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I showed Babycakes this post, she just looked at me and laughed. Not sure what that was about.:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Looks like everything is pretty well covered at this point so I'll just add one little thing. Check your teeth when you get done using your new tractor. It seems like grass and other bits of nature get caught in them because you can't stop grinning ear to ear. :thumbup1gif: Your special lady with thank you!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would say to drive the machine around the lot once you get it. Turning issues, FEL movement, if you are getting a MM, check the quick disconnect, and the FEL quick detach and hydraulic connections, then the blade height adjustment once you put the deck back on. Then after all of that and plenty of turning the wheel back and forth, re-check the fluids.

congrats on the new tractor - remember to make your to do list before she starts or you will never get to yours! :)

·
Registered
937 Posts
I showed Babycakes this post, she just looked at me and laughed. Not sure what that was about.:lol:
Don't worry. It got your back. It's not like I have a hidden agenda or anything or 25 acres of cedar trees that would make a nice mulch if I were to have possession of a new chipper for a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts