Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening folks. Just curious about wheel spacers for my machine. Are they worth the expense?

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
I think so.

My property doesn't have much slope, but what I have is negated between the spacers and loaded rear wheels, the two changes make quite a difference. I went cheap ($45) on the spacers in this thread: 1025 Rear wheel spacer...and what I learned, and have had zero problems with them.

Lots of opinions on which to buy, you'll have to sort it out yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I went with the spacers that bora offers for the 1025 and liked them so much when I got the 2018 home the FIRST thing we did was put them on the new tractor. I also ordered them on my 2038R

Attachments

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I put 2" rear spacers on my 1025R. Feels much more stable side to side, especially having a cab.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gauge Wheel clearance

After reading this thread I was wondering how you guys are using the spacers with a mower deck? I only have about 1 inch clearance from the tire to the 60D gauge wheels.

thanks

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
After reading this thread I was wondering how you guys are using the spacers with a mower deck? I only have about 1 inch clearance from the tire to the 60D gauge wheels.

thanks
the 1.25" is not a problem with the 2014 series 1025. Once they're on, they stay on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Different question about spacers

I was wanting to add spacers to the front and back of my 1025R not for extra stability, but extra track width. on new years eve my neighbors water line from the meter to the house broke and I dug the trench with my backhoe so it could be repaired. It was a rainy muddy day and and my tires would slip on the sides and try to go down in the trench after I had to turn around to dig from the other direction. Would there be any ill effects of spacers in this situation? PS I know a narrower bucket may have been better to use but I only have the one 12"

·
Premium Member
9,703 Posts
I was wanting to add spacers to the front and back of my 1025R not for extra stability, but extra track width. on new years eve my neighbors water line from the meter to the house broke and I dug the trench with my backhoe so it could be repaired. It was a rainy muddy day and and my tires would slip on the sides and try to go down in the trench after I had to turn around to dig from the other direction. Would there be any ill effects of spacers in this situation? PS I know a narrower bucket may have been better to use but I only have the one 12"
I can't imagine any "Ill effects" from using the spacers as you outlined.

One issue for sure, especially on a new machine, make sure the wheel spacers are torqued correctly when installed, use an actual torque wrench and do the same with the wheels. We had a GTT member last year have a shop install his wheel spacers and he ended up losing a rear wheel and damaging the axle and other related issues from the failure to properly torque both the wheel spacer and the wheel.

Also, once you install the wheel spacer, the only way to check the torque on the spacer is to remove the wheels.

While some members have installed their wheel spacers on the front and the rear of the 1 series machines, I know there is a clearance issue with the front steering mechanism and the wheel spacers, so search the threads here carefully about front wheel spacers on the 1 series before you do it.

Actually, if memory serves me (which it still does fairly often) I think GTT member Marlin has both front and rear wheel spacers on his 1026r. You may want to either search the threads in the advanced search or send Marlin a PM and ask him about this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts