Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting another set of wheels to keep turf or HDAP tires on, but the dealer wants 200 each for the front and 236(ish) for the rears. That's almost 900 bucks for small steel wheels. If they came with whatever drugs whoever prices out parts at John Deere uses, they might be worth it.

Anyone know a source of a reasonably priced set? I found the rears online for 116 each, but that's still pricey (though not absurd).

I don't care if they are JD factory wheels or even whether they are yellow or not (I can always pain them).

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was thinking of getting another set of wheels to keep turf or HDAP tires on, but the dealer wants 200 each for the front and 236(ish) for the rears. That's almost 900 bucks for small steel wheels. If they came with whatever drugs whoever prices out parts at John Deere uses, they might be worth it.

Anyone know a source of a reasonably priced set? I found the rears online for 116 each, but that's still pricey (though not absurd).

I don't care if they are JD factory wheels or even whether they are yellow or not (I can always pain them).
Subscribed, i too am in search of spare wheels and tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts

:lolol: $900 from Deere . . . :lolol:

The $116 ea online may be your best price . . . shipping extra?

The best of luck to you, someone here probably has purchased a set . . . time will tell.

Just my 2¢.

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

Damn. I didn't realize that. Glad I have a while before I need tires.

Guess I'll just treat my tractor like my printers and printer ink. I'll buy a new tractor to get the free tires.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I'll just treat my tractor like my printers and printer ink. I'll buy a new tractor to get the free tires.
LOLOLOL

This, while not actually true, is true enough to be hilarious.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
TractorSalesAndParts.com - Hundreds of Used Tractors & Parts!

I am not sure at all if any of the old 26x12x12 rims from older GT's and or SCUTS fit the new 1 series but here is a place that is a John Deere boneyard.

My only other suggestion is to keep an eye on Ebay and Craigslist to see if something pops up that is in your price range. You can always scan Machinefinder.com and see if a dealer is looking to part ways with some rims for cheap.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I spent a couple nights researching this very same subject wanting to improve the performance of my 1023 with turf tires on my steep mountain property by getting a second set of R1 or R4 wheels and tires. All the vendors I could find that had the correct size had the them priced almost twice as much as your generic car tire. With wheels it was coming up close to to totaling $1000. Had the same reaction and had no idea why they were so expensive.

That's one of the factors that has led me to considering upsizing tractors. I can get a 3025 with the current incentives for only a couple grand more than my 1023 not even considering spending $1000 on an extra set of wheels/tires. Factor that potential added cost in upgrading the 1023 and the gap shrinks that much more.

I'll keep an eye out here if anybody has any leads but I'm not holding my breath. I spoke to my dealer and he said he thought he actually had an extra set somebody swapped out and he was willing to sell for a couple hundred bucks. Turned out two wheels were missing. Maybe there's a chance you may be able to luck out with a similar scenario by calling around to a couple dealers in the vicinity???

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts

Boy $900 to me isn't a Bad Price to me. But I'll have to see what My dealer charges. Because most Farmers don't Like the owners of my dealership because there usually More expensive then Most dealerships:bigthumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts

Any of the 26-12-12 rims from older garden tractors back to the 420's will work just fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
curious if anyone found a decent price on wheels for a 1025r. I can get a set of tires for a reasonable price on Amazon, but the wheels seems to be a challenge. It's kinda difficult to even figure out exactly what size/bolt pattern wheel i am looking for. ;-)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I searched for almost a year for a used set of rears. I thought they would be fairly easy to come by, as they were used on the 420, 4X5, etc. I thought wrong. The other issue with used was they likely be beat up and/or rusty. I finally just bit the bullet and order new rims from site supporter greenfarmparts.com. They were $425.00 shipped for all four. I didn't think that was too bad as even if I found used rims, I would probably end up having them sandblasted and powder coated. So I didn't feel so bad at a little over $100 each.

Here are the part numbers:

Front: LVA20123
Rear: M121628

Don't forget the forum discount code "GTT".

·
Super Moderator
2,222 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Here are the part numbers:

Front: LVA20123
Rear: M121628

Don't forget the forum discount code "GTT".
Good info! I'm thinking about getting a second set of wheels/tires.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts