Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025R with a 260 backhoe along with Loader and Belly Mower.
I don't leave the backhoe on often and detached it a couple of months ago. When I went back to connect to it, the levers will not move with the tractor hydraulics connected or not. By reading some other posts, I assume it settled and created pressure but I cracked about evey fitting I could and they are still not moving. It's literally like the levers are locked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Double check to make sure the connections are correct. You also took out the travel pins didn't you? Do the stabilizers work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Double check to make sure the connections are correct. You also took out the travel pins didn't you?
I verified the connections. They will only go one way due to the male/female arrangement. The pins are not in it unless I've forgotten about one somewhere and the stabilizer levers will not move either. All 4 levers are stuck. As if there was a lock on them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would have to make a guess that the backhoe was sitting outside uncovered (in the rain) for a long period of time? It could be that the levers have become stuck in place due to corrosion / lack of lubrication. I'm not familiar with how to lubricate the valve spool so maybe someone else could chime in with suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to make a guess that the backhoe was sitting outside uncovered (in the rain) for a long period of time? It could be that the levers have become stuck in place due to corrosion / lack of lubrication. I'm not familiar with how to lubricate the valve spool so maybe someone else could chime in with suggestions.
Yes, unfortunately, it is outside.

·
Administrator
18,309 Posts
Your going to have to remove all the covers and get access to the valve body, hopefully it's just the linkages (hiem joins) that are corroded and not the actual valve spools.

Attachments

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your going to have to remove all the covers and get access to the valve body, hopefully it's just the linkages (hiem joins) that are corroded and not the actual valve spools.

I used penetrating oil and was able to get the boom controls free. Removed the boots on the stabilizer levers and put some oil on them. Couldn’t get them free yet but will let it sit overnight and try them again tomorrow. If they don’t release, I may try to heat them a little.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
My BH has done the same thing and it is the spools that stick in the end cap seals. They paste fast. I freed mine by spraying WD40 on the spools and working them carefully. You have to remove the access cover to get to them, but it is possible to get them free. Don't be afraid to put light force on them to get them free.

I put thumb screws on the valve cover on mine so I can easily remove the cover. Every time I put mine away, I spray the spools with penetrant and work them. Haven't had any problem since.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Thanks to all of your help. I was able to get everything freed up and working again. Certainly a good lesson of not letting it sit outside without a good cover.
Oh yes!! If you leave it outside, definitely tarp it. I keep mine in a garage and mine did the same thing.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks to all of your help. I was able to get everything freed up and working again. Certainly a good lesson of not letting it sit outside without a good cover.
Just make sure whatever cover you pick is actually good-it MUST BREATHE and not trap moisture under it and ON your BH. That would be worse than not covering it at all!

Reactions: IndianaJim
1 - 11 of 11 Posts