Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Great video, gave me a flashback to what I was doing today, same amount of snow, just 47" blower, must say your tractor handled the 54" well:good2:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice!

We were hoping for 8-14 down here in deep South Jersey but this storm had a lot of advanced billing, but did not deliver. A shame because I was all ready to go!
Maybe next time!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Great videos. Looks like the wind wasn't messing with you too bad, was it?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for posting the videos! Looks like your tractor handled the storm just fine.

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make and share the videos with us. Great to see you putting your equipment to work, and having a good dose of fun no doubt!:good2:

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
I'd love to have even half that much snow to push around with my tractor right now. We don't even have enough snow to cover the grass. :cray:

·
Registered
222 Posts
great video, are you using your ballast box? if so how much weight in it?

Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm jealous. My 1025r with the 54" blower has been sitting idle this season. It just doesn't make sense to bring it out for 1 inch of snow at a time. I did get one good snowfall back in November; about 8 inches and it took longer to clean off the blower and put it away than it took actually snow blowing the driveway.

I swear if I only owned a shovel it would snow 3+ feet every other day.

Thanks for the videos!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
GREAT videos! GREAT SOUND! With my sound system your machine sounded like an old EMD road switcher (locomotive)! Which means I must buy a blower for next year!:laugh: Following that purchase Global Warming will instantly kick in and there will be no snow over 1"... (I can't do it to all the rest of you with blowers, I'll continue to use my GX/42 blower and keep us all in business!):laugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hydro, I thought the same last year when I got this blower, but we had more snow than ever. I got lucky!

Nicksteck, yes...ballast box is on filled with old Boston cobblestone pavers. Not sure how much weight. I have turfs and no chains. Never have traction issues, but driveway is fairly flat.

YouTube optimized the 2nd video, looks a little psychedelic now. yowza

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Very nice, thank you. Don't think I need a blower here unless it helps move the :rain:.:laugh: Ski places in the Cascades are all but closed, no :snow:, limited base. It may be their worst season in many years.:cray:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,440 Posts
prosper, Thanks for the video. Doesn't get any better than that! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wish we had more snow here. We had an about an inch so I was able to play but not a lot. At the end of the second video I thought to myself it's time you invest in a cab! When you rotated the chute the wind gave it right back to you.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
That looks like a good time. Love watching these tractors playing in snow! Sure makes me :greentractorride: with envy. :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
maybe it just my preference but I question why those with front blowers push the tractor hard enough to make the engine work all the while they are also using the blower as a plow. I have a 54" mounted on the back of my 2320 and just let the machine creep along at a speed the blower can clear the snow but not be pushing in more then it can handle. :dunno:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
maybe it just my preference but I question why those with front blowers push the tractor hard enough to make the engine work all the while they are also using the blower as a plow. I have a 54" mounted on the back of my 2320 and just let the machine creep along at a speed the blower can clear the snow but not be pushing in more then it can handle. :dunno:

No question she earned her oats, but she remained productive.
I don't mind pushing her every now and then. I maintain her well otherwise.

As for a back mounted blower, I personally don't find it appealing to snowblow 450' of driveway in reverse. I know they are great, but a front mount fit my needs best.

A cab would be great. I took my goggles and facemask off to video and the Deere took advantage with a few frost bite lashes to my mug. ;-)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. With a blower, the more snow there is, the slower you must go.
However, I envy you on the amount of snow you got! We were on the northern edge of that storm and only got about 4", and that came with a lot of wind and temps around 5 F.

Mr. Moose

1 - 20 of 29 Posts