Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got everything installed on my 1025r I purchased this spring. The goal is to retire myGT 235 and cyclone rake. I transferred the dethatcher as well using a bracket I made. It works beautifully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I guess you did figure something out... great job! Now please figure out how to do something like this with a Quickhitch....please

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I guess you did figure something out... great job! Now please figure out how to do something like this with a Quickhitch....please
Haven't you seen the one that a guy makes and sells on eBay? I want to say it is someone in MN that makes them. Not sure if you can run a quick hitch at the same time as the mower deck though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgU2E0ruqL4

Looks like it is on there with the mower deck at the same time. Not sure on the 1 Series.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By all accounts the quick hitch will not work with the MMM in place on a quick attach deck. These brackets and lift handle takes me less than 4 minutes to install and is easier than you would think to lift manually.

In my opinion Deere should be making this bracket and lift arm setup as a simple solution for the 1025r. It’s almost too simple.

It works fantastic!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
By all accounts the quick hitch will not work with the MMM in place on a quick attach deck. These brackets and lift handle takes me less than 4 minutes to install and is easier than you would think to lift manually.

In my opinion Deere should be making this bracket and lift arm setup as a simple solution for the 1025r. It’s almost too simple.

It works fantastic!

Yeah, I wouldn't know if there is interference on the 1 series. I can see that there could be. I am actually surprised you can run a quick hitch with a MMM on a X Series but I have never tried to put them both on. Since I don't mow with the X585 anymore I could see myself doing a modification to my dethatcher to mount it to the Quickhitch. I run the quickhitch with the blade or blower all winter and before going back to the FEL I could run around the yard in the spring. However I have already put the FEL on last weekend to start moving snow piles.

It works as it is with the arm lift. It is simple but the stock sliding pin always falls out then the entire dethatcher disconnects from the tractor. A few years back I got fed up with fighting with it as it would always fall off 2-3 times when trying to do my yard. I took that sliding pin out and just bolt it to the front of the tractor. Even with the assist springs it is pretty heavy to lift when turning around at the end of a run.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't know if there is interference on the 1 series. I can see that there could be. I am actually surprised you can run a quick hitch with a MMM on a X Series but I have never tried to put them both on. Since I don't mow with the X585 anymore I could see myself doing a modification to my dethatcher to mount it to the Quickhitch. I run the quickhitch with the blade or blower all winter and before going back to the FEL I could run around the yard in the spring. However I have already put the FEL on last weekend to start moving snow piles.

It works as it is with the arm lift. It is simple but the stock sliding pin always falls out then the entire dethatcher disconnects from the tractor. A few years back I got fed up with fighting with it as it would always fall off 2-3 times when trying to do my yard. I took that sliding pin out and just bolt it to the front of the tractor. Even with the assist springs it is pretty heavy to lift when turning around at the end of a run.

I don't want you to misconstrue my answer as rude in any sort of way, but those springs are wayyyy too small for that dethatcher.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I don't want you to misconstrue my answer as rude in any sort of way, but those springs are wayyyy too small for that dethatcher.
I assume you are talking about the springs from the photo from the OP. I didn't post any photos of anything that you would have seen springs.

That said, I looked at the OPs post and I have the exact same springs and they are the ones that come with the dethatcher. Now, keep in mind that the springs are there to assist a bit at lifting up the dethatcher to lock it in the up position when turning around or traveling and not dethaching. I will agree that the springs are way too small to provide any lift assist but keep this in mind, you really can't put bigger springs on there. The issue is that the dethacher isn't locked in the down position. It is riding on the front wheels and the weight of the dethacher is the only thing holding it down and providing enough down pressure to actually do anything. You could replace those springs with something much stronger. This would make it much easier to lift but the problem is that you wouldn't have any down pressure on the tines when in the lowered position and the dethacher would be worthless.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume you are talking about the springs from the photo from the OP. I didn't post any photos of anything that you would have seen springs.

That said, I looked at the OPs post and I have the exact same springs and they are the ones that come with the dethatcher. Now, keep in mind that the springs are there to assist a bit at lifting up the dethatcher to lock it in the up position when turning around or traveling and not dethaching. I will agree that the springs are way too small to provide any lift assist but keep this in mind, you really can't put bigger springs on there. The issue is that the dethacher isn't locked in the down position. It is riding on the front wheels and the weight of the dethacher is the only thing holding it down and providing enough down pressure to actually do anything. You could replace those springs with something much stronger. This would make it much easier to lift but the problem is that you wouldn't have any down pressure on the tines when in the lowered position and the dethacher would be worthless.
This. The springs are there to provide a little lift assistance. Nothing more, nothing less. They work very well as intended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts