Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting a 1025r, not sure if i want to get with the loader or not. i dont see myself having much need for one. i was thinking just put the money for the loader towards weights, i-match, and tiller. A dealer not to far away has some 2015 1025r that are still new, for 12,500 with out the loader and theirs another one with a new 2017 1025r with a loader for 14,500. any help as far as loader or not will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
IMO, it would depend on what you plan to do with the tractor and what type of place you will be using it on. I owned a tractor without a loader once and it did not take long before I realized that I did not want another one without one.

·
Registered
825 Posts
looking at getting a 1025r, not sure if i want to get with the loader or not. i dont see myself having much need for one. i was thinking just put the money for the loader towards weights, i-match, and tiller. A dealer not to far away has some 2015 1025r that are still new, for 12,500 with out the loader and theirs another one with a new 2017 1025r with a loader for 14,500. any help as far as loader or not will be greatly appreciated
I'm the opposite, I can't imagine having a tractor without a loader, planting trees, digging stumps, moving heavy objects, hauling equipment for fencing, hauling brush, plowing snow, I use mine to get on the roof, push down small trees, level ground, I could keep going for hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ive seen customers come in and get a tractor without the loader and say I don't need it, I won't use it, blah blah. Month later we are installing a loader. Every time it's been that way. I haven't seen it the other way getting a loader and never needing it. So that's my take. You may actually not need it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I bought my 1026r without a loader in 2011 . I added a loader last summer to do some work up at my cottage rather than renting a machine. Its not a big deal to add a loader at a latter date .

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Only $2000 for a loader? You'll more than double the usefulness of your tractor with a loader. Once you get pallet forks, you'll use it to move everything around your property.
...and with the bucket, throw the wheelbarrow in the trash.

Get the loader!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Gotta have at least one tractor with a loader... the only reason I didn't get a loader on my 1025 was because I already had another old tractor with a loader. You don't realize how many things you can do with one until you have it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Spend a few minutes to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHn2NvaotCM

I'm just over the GA/SC line. If you are nearby let me know. I'd be glad to have you come play with my 1025R with a loader, try out pallet forks, see how useful bucket hooks can be. If you try out a loader and then don't get one, I will be amazed.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Whether I needed the loader or not for 2K more I'd get the current model. The 2017 has some improvements over the older models especially the improved glow plug cycling.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, ill be using it on about 4 acres. Primary purposes will be mowing and working the garden. We haven't had a tractor with a loader on our farm as long as ive been around. Im kinda in the mindset Ive made it this long without one why now, ya know? I figure what little pushing I'll have to do with it I can just use a rear blade

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Yeah I'd get the loader. At 0% you looking at what? $35 a month.
You get later it's $2000 cash or interest.

Unless you truly won't use it. Just hard to see you never using it. Especially since you getting a new tractor

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
If you get a 1025r, you have to get a loader. Otherwise, don't get a 1025r. Get an x758. It's twice the mower and worth the extra money for the optional three point and rear PTO if you are only going to use it for things that don't need a loader and primarily mowing, which is what you said.

I have a 1025r, which I love, and I had an x758. And sometimes, I wish that mowing and three point stuff was all I had to do, so that I could still have an x758.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spend a few minutes to watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHn2NvaotCM

I'm just over the GA/SC line. If you are nearby let me know. I'd be glad to have you come play with my 1025R with a loader, try out pallet forks, see how useful bucket hooks can be. If you try out a loader and then don't get one, I will be amazed.
Yeah I'd get the loader. At 0% you looking at what? $35 a month.
You get later it's $2000 cash or interest.

Unless you truly won't use it. Just hard to see you never using it. Especially since you getting a new tractor
I certainly appreciate the offer doc but im about 2.5 hours south of Atlanta, ive messed around on one at the local dealership that had a loader on it. They are nice. My thing is if it comes down to the point where I seriously needed on we do have a backhoe on the farm I can use. But at the same time the Its only $35 a month more. I guess im just looking for a good reason to get one haha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you get a 1025r, you have to get a loader. Otherwise, don't get a 1025r. Get an x758. It's twice the mower and worth the extra money for the optional three point and rear PTO if you are only going to use it for things that don't need a loader and primarily mowing, which is what you said.

I have a 1025r, which I love, and I had an x758. And sometimes, I wish that mowing and three point stuff was all I had to do, so that I could still have an x758.
I see what your saying Mike on the 758 the prices in my area on them i can get the 1025 for just a little bit more

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would hate to not have the loader on mine, I've used it and the forks a ton.

I'm all for spending wisely and not buying something you don't need but I would find it supprising that you would not find plenty of uses for one... you can get by without one but why just get by if you don't have to... I'm thinking of making my wheelbarrow into a big flower pot.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
For the 2000$ difference get the current model. The h120 pops right off and is easily worth more than the difference. Once you have it you will find ways to use it. Also you get all the improvements in the 2 year newer tractor.

·
Registered
590 Posts

Does the 2015 1025r for $12,500, come with a mower deck? I have a friend who is looking for that exact setup and get this, HE does NOT need a loader! If it does come with a deck, can you message me the dealers name?

Get the loader, as a new one I found on MachineFinder, just the H120 loader, is $3400. Used John Deere H120 Tractor Loaders For Sale - John Deere MachineFinder

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Good morning! I would get the loader. If your going to be doing garden work having the loader is great for picking up the rocks that always find a way to the surface. Plus why go borrow a backhoe for its bucket when you can just use the machine you already have? You will surprise yourself with all the things you will do with a loader once you have it. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,412 Posts
Depends on what you really need. That being said, if you get the FEL I promise you'll find more uses for it than you could have ever imagined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Does the 2015 1025r for $12,500, come with a mower deck? I have a friend who is looking for that exact setup and get this, HE does NOT need a loader! If it does come with a deck, can you message me the dealers name?

Get the loader, as a new one I found on MachineFinder, just the H120 loader, is $3400. Used John Deere H120 Tractor Loaders For Sale - John Deere MachineFinder
Sorry it's just the tractor by itself

1 - 20 of 52 Posts