Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my tractor tonight and as soon as the wait to start light began to flash there was a pop and everything went dead. It won’t do anything now. No start, no lights, nothing. None of the fuses are blown but none of the lights will work either. At first I thought the ignition switch went bad but that doesn’t explain why none of the lights work. Could it be one if the relays? Would the neutral start switch have anything to do with it? I unhooked the neutral start switch above the mid pto and plugged it back in and got the dash to light up for a minute but it didn’t last and the lights still didn’t come on. I’m not very good at chasing electrical problems. Anyone else have an experience like this?

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
Not sure what pops , but first off how old is your battery,.. For me first thing to check is battery, if you don't a battery tester , take battery to Advance or Auto Zone, or to your dealer they can test your battery. Then go from there when you know you have power coming from the battery..

Reactions: OxPath

·
Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Most of the time it's a bad battery. Have you tried jump starting?

Reactions: OxPath

·
Administrator
20,834 Posts
Check and clean your battery connections. Then check the other end of those big cables. Clean and tight.

These batteries are also known for “Sudden Death Syndrome.” They’ll just up and die just like someone flipped a switch.

·
Premium Member
14,859 Posts
It’s the original battery but I’ve had a battery tender on since I brought it home.
Doesn't matter , battery will still go bad... get your battery tested.

Reactions: Big

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
There was a thread a couple/few months ago experiencing nearly the exact same thing. They heard a pop and then nothing worked. Turned out to be the battery died....literally. The concensus was the pop that was heard was the plates shorting out. Get yourself a new battery, you'll be good.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yep......battery.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep, my 1026R did the funky sudden death syndrome with the battery. One second great and the next second zero.

Let us know how it checked out.

You know I hustled back to mother Deere to get a replacement. :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts