Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased and had a 260 backhoe installed on 1026r, now I have several gaps in the fender with scv valve. I assume because they had to remove. Is it unreasonable of me to expect the dealer to fix this? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399683206.045452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,833 Posts
Nope! I'd have them fix it.

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
716 Posts
That's just crappy work. I installed my own 260 hoe and you would never know it was taken apart. Its crazy how some people just don't pay attention or don't give a crap how their work looks after a job.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank you both for the quick reply emailed the dealer already. Then I started to feel like I was being too picky.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Thank you both for the quick reply emailed the dealer already. Then I stated to feel like I was being too picky.

Your not being picky at all. Remember how much you paid for that machine. They should never have let it go like that. When I was a full time GM tech I used to get all the corvette repairs at the dealership because the service manager knew I took pride in my work. We also knew how much the customer paid for that Vette lol.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,833 Posts
Thank you both for the quick reply emailed the dealer already. Then I started to feel like I was being too picky.

Wrong is wrong no matter how you look at it. Just don't be an a**hole about it until you really need to be. Pleasant, friendly and considerate go a long way.
GET A NEW HAT! :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I agree no reason to start off as a**hole, sent sales guy a note thanking him for getting the install done, told him I noticed issue with the fender and it don't look right, I asked for his thoughts on how to address thank you again for all the responses

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So dealer finally responds and tells me to loosen floor board and fix myself (I know I could fix myself) but I think after the money I spent they should fix would you guys agree?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
It's a little thing, and an easy fix, but it goes to show that they aren't willing to stand behind their work.

I'd be embarrassed if something left my shop wrong and would make it right - even if it is an easy fix for the owner - it's wrong. A technician did his job WRONG and no one is instructing him on what he did wrong, and he'll just do it again.

f it's so easy to fix, have the tech that did the job wrong in the first place drive over in his own car and fix it. Give them a time limit to get to the house, fix the mistake and return immediately to work so they don't milk the job.

How close is a different dealer. If you have other work in the future, I'd question going back to this one.

Mistakes happen to everyone - it's how you respond to those mistakes that makes a difference. Just my $0.02

I'm in the auto industry (Ford) and I see how a bad Dealer can ruin a person on a particular brand and drive them to the competition - it's crappy management of a business. I think that there are enough good dealers out there to give business to that you don't have to stay and deal with the bad ones. Make your judgements based on their behavior.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was watching this thread with interest because I have the same gap on my factory installed 1025 backhoe. It bothered me slightly but I have not ever checked with the dealer on it. I do my own servicing and have never taken mine in for any warranty issues. I figured it was cosmetic and not structural. I may fix mine if others do not have this gap on theirs. I don't want to win the ugliest tractor award with a machine with only 100 hours on it.
:mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,833 Posts
I was watching this thread with interest because I have the same gap on my factory installed 1025 backhoe. It bothered me slightly but I have not ever checked with the dealer on it. I do my own servicing and have never taken mine in for any warranty issues. I figured it was cosmetic and not structural. I may fix mine if others do not have this gap on theirs. I don't want to win the ugliest tractor award with a machine with only 100 hours on it.
:mocking:
Does the fender support the footrest in any way? On some tractors it does.:dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,833 Posts
So dealer finally responds and tells me to loosen floor board and fix myself (I know I could fix myself) but I think after the money I spent they should fix would you guys agree?
I can understand where the dealer is coming from but labor cost is labor cost whoever does it. But it does not mean it has to be paid in dollars. Oil, oil filter a new light, spinner knob..... (Hint, hint)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I too have a gap on my 1026r TLB, though not quite that big. Can someone who does not have a BH post a pic to show just how close those two panels are supposed to be to each other?

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Since reading this thread I find I too have a gap, but only one. The right side is 3/4", the left side is zero... Yet another thing I may/may not get to...

It's no big deal and is really handy for more complete drainage of the floorboard if I ever wash the machine. I'll blow the other one dry with the leaf blower.:laugh:

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Before the install both sides tight, after install side with SCV gaps all around at floor board and between green and black at the back. Dealer is sending someone on Thursday to fix, dealer wanted me to fix but wouldn't offer anything in return, so I will take day off to make sure the guy fixes it right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
709 Posts
Since reading this thread I find I too have a gap, but only one. The right side is 3/4", the left side is zero... Yet another thing I may/may not get to...

It's no big deal and is really handy for more complete drainage of the floorboard if I ever wash the machine. I'll blow the other one dry with the leaf blower.:laugh:
That is about what mine is with the gap on the same side. We have a pair of twins! :lol:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
That is about what mine is with the gap on the same side. We have a pair of twins! :lol:
JD is being damned asymmetrical if you ask me!:laugh:

Reactions: Ultrapile
1 - 18 of 18 Posts