Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks I'm going to be landscaping the front of the house with some small to medium boulders. Figured it would be a good excuse to purchase a thumb (BXpanded Barracuda) for my 1026R 260BH. Can anyone tell me the lifting capacity of the 260BH? I want to make sure my expectations are clear what size/weight boulder I will be able to lift with the thumb.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fully extended I believe it's around 200 lbs.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Copy and paste from the online manual, note the note on lifting capacity at bottom:

M64109

NOTE: Dimensions are given for backhoe with boom pivot pin 30cm (12 in.) above ground.

Digging Depth (A) (see note below) 1,89 m (74.5 in.)

Swing Arc 150 degrees

Weight with 16 in. Bucket 277 kg (610 lb)

Loading Height (bucket at 60) (B) 1,5 m (60 in.)

Reach From Center Line of Swing Pivot (C) 2,64 m (104 in.)

Transport Height (D) 1,7 m (66 in.)

Bucket Rotation 180 degrees

Loading Reach (bucket at 60) (E) 84 cm (33 in.)

Transport Overhang (F) 94 cm (37 in.)

Undercut (G) 43 cm (17 in.)

Stabilizers Spread Width (Raised) 1,47 m (58 in.)

Stabilizers Spread Width (Lowered) 1,88 m (74 in.)

Boom Lift Capacity (see note below) 129 kg (285 lb)

SAE Dipperstick Digging Force 5,28 kN (1187 lb)

SAE Bucket Digging Force 9,1 kN (2036 lb)

Digging Depth: 61cm (24 in.) flat bottom.

Boom Lift Capacity: Dipper arm and boom extended, lifting with boom cylinder only, weight attached at bucket pivot, bucket pivot 91cm (36 in.) above ground.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i believe my book says 285 lbs. with the load hooked out at the bucket of the hoe. Boulders get real heavy real quick,even small ones.
If you want to pick stuff up and move it around, forks on the front will do wonders, alot more than the hoe can pick up.
My forks are on most of the time,I probably use them as much or more than the bucket and backhoe and mower deck combined.
That said, I'd like to have a thumb too, I think the reach of the hoe and a thumb would be handy at times.

Reactions: Myasis Dragon

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the info. I did not remember seeing the specs provided in my manual 3 years ago. I guess. I should have rechecked.

I have a set of Artillian Forks but wanted to use the thumb for fine adjustments. Lazy I know but gives me a good reason to buy one.

Thanks again for all of the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts