Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the pallet forks and frame from Artillian for my 1026R H120 (NSL) loader. I'm curious if there are any thoughts or recommendations on what sizes are a best fit for the 1026R.

2300 or 3000lb frame? 36, 42, 48"" forks? I don't want to invest in a setup too big or too small for the 1026R.

I'll primarily be using it to carry log lengths out of the woods around my property.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I have the 3000# frame with the 2" receiver. and 42" forks, Don't get longer forks.

rob

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
Either frame is considerably stronger than anything you can lift with the machine so the choice is really about whether or not you want the built in receiver hitch on the heavier unit and $$.

Fork length is up for debate but I'll mention that 48" forks in the woods is a PITA. It's easy to catch a tree trunk while trying to turn a corner. Your tractor will come to a really sudden stop when you do. Ask me how I know! 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Rob. What are the uses for the 2" on the front of the tractor?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either frame is considerably stronger than anything you can lift with the machine so the choice is really about whether or not you want the built in receiver hitch on the heavier unit and $$.

Fork length is up for debate but I'll mention that 48" forks in the woods is a PITA. It's easy to catch a tree trunk while trying to turn a corner. Your tractor will come to a really sudden stop when you do. Ask me how I know! 🤣 🤣
Good point on the 48", Jim. Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You would use the 2" receiver for any thing that uses the 2" shank like a trailer hitch, pintal hook or maybe a grab hook. Some people like moving trailers around from the front of the tractor when backing them into tight spaces.

Reactions: Ashokan1

·
Premium Member
2017 1025R TLB - H120 - 260 - 60D
131 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
40 Posts
I have the Artillian 2,300lb frame and 42” forks on a Gen 1 2025R. I am happy with them, sometimes I wish I had the 36” forks other times I’m very happy I chose the 42” forks. The 2,300lb frame has always been more than sufficient for any project I have used it for. I use a 2” receiver on my 3 point hitch to move any trailer’s.
Either way you will not be disappointed with any Artillian product.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Thanks, Rob. What are the uses for the 2" on the front of the tractor?
I use it for moving a boat trailer, hook a chain and being prepared like a boy scout.

I have a new Spintech fertilizer spreader that I am using mounted on the front as I can then steer the broadcast.

rob

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all, this was very helpful.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had 48 inch forks. They were too long in my application which were moving brush piles and logs because they were hard to move in tight spaces. I could get more brush on the forks but it was unwieldly and blocked my field of view. I switched to 36 inch and they are much better. Probably could have found the sweet spot at 42 inches but I was overly conservative. All that said, I don't know what the depth of standard pallets are and would probably factor that into the equation if I were purchasing again.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,470 Posts
42" forks are perfect for standard pallets which are usually 48" deep and 40" wide. The 42" forks allow you to grab it from any side (assuming it's a 4-way pallet).

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Remember that the forks themselves are easy to change out. Depending on what you are using them for, you may need more than one length for different jobs. You can always buy a second set of forks later. Pick the length that will be best for most of your jobs and go with it. Add another set of forks later if you see the need. You can also buy extensions for a shorter pair of forks.

I bought the 36 inch forks and I'm glad I did. The extra 6 inches of parking space required in my garage would have been a problem with 42 inch forks. I also painted the tips of mine yellow to aid in visibility. (This was a photo right after I painted them. You can barely see any yellow at this point. I need to touch them up.)

Keane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts