Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Looking for the rod that goes between the 2 mowing deck lift arms. It is the rod that the auto connect is attached to. They don’t sell just that rod anymore that I can find. The one that came with it is not long enough or threaded on the end. Anyone know where I could find one? Used or new it doesn’t matter. See picture

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Is it key 31 in the drawing? That was P/N LVA15683. Now you have to buy key 32, which includes the lift arms too. P/N LVA20039

You could ask your dealer to do a dealer stock search for LVA15683 if they do not have one in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it’s that 31 on that diagram. I was hoping not to have to buy the whole part! But that part number will help me, thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
The bar, #31, has been superceded for quite a while I believe. You may find one but I wouldn't hold my breath. I believe the new setup has the bar welded to the 2 lift arms (which is why you can't get just the bar) and no longer has the threaded ends with nuts.

If you end up having to get the new style, LVA20039, you also need 4) LVU29616 straps and 2) R276819 bushings if you have the autoconnect PTO shaft. The original straps don't fit the new bar.

·
Premium Member
3,227 Posts
Buy some metal rod or bolts if you need threads and weld new tips on it. Just grind a "taper" on the ends you weld and fill it in and grind smooth. Easy job for a welder to do. Looking at the part if it is solid and not a tube weld it on. If the bigger diameter center is hollow drill out the stubs and weld in new ones. Not sure do the ends have inside threads that are stripped out? If that is the problem not sure but a coupler nut might be welded on to give you inside threads. Not sure what is broke on the part?

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
The bar, #31, has been superceded for quite a while I believe. You may find one but I wouldn't hold my breath. I believe the new setup has the bar welded to the 2 lift arms (which is why you can't get just the bar) and no longer has the threaded ends with nuts.

If you end up having to get the new style, LVA20039, you also need 4) LVU29616 straps and 2) R276819 bushings if you have the autoconnect PTO shaft. The original straps don't fit the new bar.
Are these parts shown on the drawing in post#2? If so, please post the key numbers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the updated design. They are much heavier duty and alot more durable. I was replacing the original design part quite often due to breakage. Going on 4 years with the new design now.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Are these parts shown on the drawing in post#2? If so, please post the key numbers.
Sorry, should have posted the picture earlier. The straps are #9, the bushings #16. IIRC, the new rod is thicker and the U shaped cutout of the strap is the difference between the new & old straps. You can see how the straps hold the rod in the OP's picture, post #1.

Autoconnect shaft.png

·
Registered
500 Posts
The new rod is standard diameter and I bought one from tractor supply...removed the old fittings from the arms...leveled the unit properly welded the rod in and open the lift loops some...ground out the plates to fit the rod...welded a little wider stop plate in place....spent about $15.00...be sure to remove deck put everything in place before you weld....I let the rod stick out a little more than the original factory...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts