Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my 1026R 4 weeks ago. The auto-connect 60" deck did not connect correctly. Matter of fact, I could not get it back on. I found this Deere page by a google search. You Guys gave me videos and information that I relayed to my dealer. They finally got me going yesterday. They replaced the back locking bar twice and beefed up the spring on the lock. Works great now. I mowed about 2 acres yesterday. This machine gets around trees and obstacles very well. Very comfortable seat and easy to handle. Thanks to everyone that stepped forward with information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Awesome!
Glad your dealer got it fixed for you. Now you can enjoy the autoconnect the way it was meant to be. :good2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
That's great that they finally got your deck working correctly. I hope the Deere people learned something about how to make the auto connect work without problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
very nice tractor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,368 Posts
Good combination: good tractor and good dog. Man's two best friends.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
Dave----I had the same question---I ordered turfs. You will find my thread on this forum. I think the choice of tire depends on the tractor's intended use and the percentage of time you will use it for a given task. In my case, I will be mowing at least 75 percent of the time. I will also snowplow, till and do loader work the other 25 percent of the time. It's a compromise. I am sure r4's, are better for tiling and loader work. The jury is still out about how the snowblower, turfs with chains and much rear weight will work. You might also consider HDAP tires. I am not sure if chains would have adequate clearance with HDAP tires, so you should check that out before you decide. Good luck with your decision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
r4 vs other tread

I mow 20 to 30 hours a week all mowing season plus blade, snowblower etc. Once I switched to r4's i'd never switch back. The terrain I mow is quite rough and rolling. I used to have fluid in the turf tires and still got slippage and instability on steep hills plus they seemed pretty hard on the grass when the ground is soft. I switched to R4's after a lot of debating and I've never looked back. They are a lot easier on the grass when it's soft and I have not wanted chains since my 455's. I do use rear wheel weights blading etc., but i've never needed more than 2 sets. Ag bars are okay, but they like turf tires will tear up more than r4's when its soft.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top