Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1026R is in the shop again. I am still having problems with the hydraulics. I installed the extra work lights on. After having a leaky top radiator hose, when i turn on my lights the alternator drops down and the engine drop in rpms. It was working fine before the leak. Any thoughts. Is any one having problems with their instrument panel? when i turn on my left or right flasher my temperature gauge goes up and down and my rpm gauge fluctuates.

·
Administrator
20,849 Posts
Sorry to hear this.:thumbsdown:

Sounds like your electrical problem is fairly serious. I would think only a major draw on the alternator would drag the RPM's down any, but the ICC problems you describe are strange. Did you hook your lights up to the factory wiring for the work lights? What lights did you install?

I can't think of a single reason why the radiator hose would effect the electrical system unless some coolant got into some wiring somehow??:unknown:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
"Is any one having problems with their instrument panel? when i turn on my left or right flasher my temperature gauge goes up and down and my rpm gauge fluctuates."
Not at all sure about the other electrical stuff, but that key on dashboard proceedure seems like a system "self check". I believe they all do that. Good luck with the rest!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
When I added the rear work light JD had to replace the switch for the lights. They said if I ordered the light when new the shop would swap the switch as part of the install. JD knew they were only good to the factory lights and would shell out when extra lights were added. Not sure if this applies to you because my lights would flicker when I touched the switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1026 r

The Jd Field rep has informed me i was only supposed to add only the from two lights or two rear lights. It is stated wrong in the sales literature even though my jd dealer called jd factory for Help. I installed two front lights and one back. Iam now out of 325.00 dollars. JD makes a 55 amp alternator, I asked if that would solve the problem and he said he did not know. He refused to call the factory to give me and the dealer an answer. My tractor came back from the shop now my power steering is worse than before.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The Jd Field rep has informed me i was only supposed to add only the from two lights or two rear lights. It is stated wrong in the sales literature even though my jd dealer called jd factory for Help. I installed two front lights and one back. Iam now out of 325.00 dollars. JD makes a 55 amp alternator, I asked if that would solve the problem and he said he did not know. He refused to call the factory to give me and the dealer an answer. My tractor came back from the shop now my power steering is worse than before.
When I was ordering lights for mine, everything I read said not to install the front work lights and rear work light on the 1026R. This is because it already has the two fender mounted lights and three additional lights adds too much current draw to the charging system. I think both can be added to the 1023E because it doesn't have the fender mounted lights. I may be wrong on that, but definitely not supposed to use both front and rear lights on the 1026. You should to look into purchasing LED lights since they use less amps. You can light it up like a Christmas tree with LEDs.
I personally don't see a need for the rear light if you add the fronts. You can just spin one or both around to face the rear if you need to see back there. This is probably what you will do anyway unless you put them on a separate switch because they draw bugs like crazy and you will want to spin them away from your face to help keep the bugs out of your face. A separate switch for mine is in my future because they aren't needed unless you are doing loader work at night.

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
If I remember right the 1023E has a smaller alt than the 1026/5R's. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

1023E/1025r, Both 40 amp. Maybe they were different early on.
John Deere

·
Registered
709 Posts
I added two more front lights and 1 rear light to my 1025. The front are LED's connected to the factory switch. I am am pleased with how much better I see with a loader on the front now at night than what I could before. The same is probably true with any front implement. The low mounted factory lights made it hard to see at night when a person has front implements on the tractor.

I actually am surprised how much I use the rear light. It is connected to the accessory/lighter line. It is on a dedicated switch mounted under the tool box for protection. It has made a world of difference hooking an unhooking implements in the dark, backing up and just plane seeing behind me in the dark when using implements. I wouldn't want to be without it now.

Attachments

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the photos above, did you fabricate the light guards yourself or were you able to purchase them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I am no fabricator that's for sure. I can sure break some stuff though! :yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
I added two more front lights and 1 rear light to my 1025. The front are LED's connected to the factory switch. I am am pleased with how much better I see with a loader on the front now at night than what I could before. The same is probably true with any front implement. The low mounted factory lights made it hard to see at night when a person has front implements on the tractor.

I actually am surprised how much I use the rear light. It is connected to the accessory/lighter line. It is on a dedicated switch mounted under the tool box for protection. It has made a world of difference hooking an unhooking implements in the dark, backing up and just plane seeing behind me in the dark when using implements. I wouldn't want to be without it now.
:thumbup1gif:Rear lights for snow plowing I night! For everything else "MasterCard" Just Sayin!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Back From the shop again

Hello,
I would like to say thanks for the help with my electrical problems. My tractor came back from the shop again. the dealer has informed me that my rocker arm shaft valve is not working correctly. I asked why didn't you fix it since it controls the hydraulic oil flow and effects the electrical system(electrical sensor on valve). I don't know. Just keep using it. Call us back if you keep having problems, there may be a charge for pickup and return. There is a ball in the valve by what I understand which is not seating properly.I have always been taught when this occurs with a hydraulic valve to replace it. My mower deck now has two large scratches on the side of the mower deck down to the metal and other spots where the primer is showing. I asked the dealer what happened and he just laughed. I asked if the dealer would repair the damaged and he would not reply. Unfortunately, since I am not allowed to express my opinion of the the last john deere dealership(owns several stores) which has worked on my tractor several times and has done damage to it. I cannot believe that John Deere and its Dealerships do not care about the products the sell or customer service. I have approximately 68 hours on it and it has now been in the shop over 3 months. I even asked to rent another tractor and the dealer said no. I love paying over 200.00 dollars to mow my lawn just once.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,764 Posts
WOODBURNER, I agree with psrumors but I'd go straight to the top. John Deere is pretty good to deal with, some dealers, not so much.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I also agree with Psrumors and I am usually more forgiving on issues than most. I think I would have had enough by now. I believe JD corporate should think so also.

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
Agree with others, one excuse for telling you to keep using , if they know what is causing the trouble, part should be or should have been ordered and you receive a call when part comes in . Go up the line at the dealership and if no help call Deere starting tomorrow morning. ..

·
Premium Member
9,670 Posts
I don't have the words.....

I wonder if the lemon law applies to tractors?

They sent it back without fixing it, and if you want them to look at it again your have to pay a delivery charge? And they damaged it....

At this point I would have my attorney call JD......:nunu:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts