Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are the most common RPM speeds for attachments such as MMM, backhoe, loader work and just regular tractor use? I know regular tractor use can vary as needed, but what's the average, IE operating RPM?

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
For the 1 series I recommend around 2500 RPM for general duty chores, full throttle for mowing. For anything else just use enough throttle for doing whatever you're doing. If you're bogging it down, bump it up a bit. You'll quickly get a feel for what you need for each individual chore.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Can it be "over-throttled""? For example, if I jam the throttle lever all the way, is that max, or too much?

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Not unless your max RPM isn't set right. Set correctly is should only go 100 or so RPM over the PTO rated emblem on your tach.:thumbup1gif: BTW, I haven't seen a tractor yet from Deere that hasn't been set right yet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think I have a PTO emblem on mine, I have the digital PTO tach readout on the hour meter when the PTO is engaged.

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
According to the Operator's Manual, rated fast idle is 3370, PTO rated RPM is 3200.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I tend to run my 1026R at full throttle for pto work as under load the rpm's seem to drop just under the mark on the tack. Now that I have had my 1026 for some time, I am starting to think a few more HP would be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Other than mowing I don't often use full throttle. I use just enough to not lug the motor. A couple weeks ago I did some tilling in the yard. I was topping high spot so my mower was less likely to scalp. The throttle never got over half. I'm not a noise fan thou.... Too many loud machine as a kid on the farm I guess. I can't think of anything PTO attachment wise that you could over rev. Not saying they don't exist, just can't think of any. I know my brush mower does fine at half throttle in most uses. I'm sure full throttle would do just as well,but why?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've never had it at full throttle for anything, including mowing, yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts