Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here.

Received my new 1026R Saturday. I am having what appears to be a common issue and possibly something new.

My H120 loader stand is hitting the bottom of the bumper as others have posted. Dealer is ordering a new stand thinking the currenct one is bent. I'm thinking the new one will be similar but we'll see.

The main reason for the post is my leaking coolant cap - not the radiator cap but the plastic one on the jug. I have cleaned the top around the cap several times and reseated it but it continues to leak. Coolant drops are getting all over the engine bay probably because of the fan. Is that jug under pressure? The coolant level is between the lines as it should be. Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
554 Posts
:wgtt:
Welcome to the group hoosier.
You have got a great machine:good2:, Sorry to hear you are having issues with it already. As for the leaking coolant cap this is the first time I have herd about that, I would ask your dealer about that also. As for the parking stand there has been some issues on that with a few of the members of the group. There have also been a few with transmission leaks due to bad castings, so far JD & the dealers have been taking good care of them, but there is some down time for your machine in the shop.:cray:
I have been reluctent to say too much about these issues as I have yet to have any with my machine:kidw_truck_smiley:. here are some pics of the front of my machine coming up on to the MMM, there is a couple of inchs between the bumper and parking stand, and the parking stand dose not come close to hitting the gearbox on the MMM as one dealer told someone that was the reason for changing the parkingstand angle.
Remember we all like pics on GTT so get the camera out.:mocking:
I hope you get it fixed quick, and may all your seat time be good times.:drinks:

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been having the same problem with the coolant cap. Ive got 35 hours on my 1023 and im right at the point where I need to add coolant. Not a huge leak but, something isnt right.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starkey,

Exact same issue with mine - very small amount of coolant loss but disappointing. I'll probably be near the dealer today so I'll ask for a new cap I guess.

Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a friend here at work that has a 1026R and his coolant cap was also leaking. He took some sandpaper to the inside of it (there was a rough spot on the plastic) where the lip would be making the seal and that took care of it. Kinda like when we build models as kids and when you took the plastic piece off where it was hanging with the other pieces there was that little bit of plastic left from where it was attached.

Reactions: mustangary and 2365

·
Administrator
20,875 Posts
Welcome to GTT Hoosier!

Glad you joined up! Sounds like your dealer is standing behind his product and providing good customer service. :good2: We'd love to see your tractor.:hi: What options and implements did you get?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to the dealer today about the cap leaking and he will order me a new one - no questions asked.

I did not look at the cap closely but will look for a plastic "burr" as suggested.

I ordered my 1026R on St. Patrick's day. Received it Saturday the 7th. I ordered the 60D autoconnect deck and H120 loader. I took some pictures today and will post separately.

I am going to get some kind of 4' rotary cutter and make myself a log splitter that will use the loader hydraulics - in time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up the new coolant cap from the dealer and put it on the other night. Went to mow grass down my driveway hill and started smelling antifreeze. The underside of the hood was spotted with antifreeze and it even started dripping out the engine side panel vents. Not too happy. I don't see any obvious plastic burs either. The dealer said he would replace the jug next if the cap wouldn't fix the problem. Time to make another phone call tomorrow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine is leaking too. I haven't had time to investigate yet, but it is annoying. Really don't understand how it could be leaking.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It doesn't seem to do it on flat ground. Just on those annoying hills that tractors aren't designed to travel on. . . .

·
Registered
489 Posts
Guys,

This is certainly another heads up that I'll be looking for when my tractor is delivered. I have a big hill to mow and I spend a lot of time on it. Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer ordered and installed a new coolant jug and that fixed the problem. The original jug had a coarse/uneven top to it almost like someone deburred it with a pocket knife.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a 1026R purchased last Oct. I haven't used it hard due to mild winter but now with mowing and tilling I have noticed coolant spray from plastic coolant tank. I also discovered that my cap lid does not snap on like it should---it just sort of sits there---and even with force does not snap on. I went to my JD dealer and we looked at one on his lot that snaps shut perfectly. So they are replacing my coolant tank.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My antifreeze leak saga continues.

I noticed a very small antifreeze drop under the joystick side of the tractor. After quite a while I finally figured out that the coolant jug overflow tube was aimed right into the frame and pooled the coolant until it started to drip.

I am not sure but my guess would be that this was dealer induced cutting the old overflow tube to try and seal my initial coolant jug leak. I would not think JD would do this but whoever reads this may want to check!

I added an extension tube to bring the drain point below the front axle.

The fan blade and pulleys are a grass/antifreeze mess but a good wash down should fix that.

For those that have flat property this may never be an issue. I however use my 1026 on some steep and bumpy grades. FYI.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine leaks the same way, I will try to sand the sealing surface soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My coolant reservoir had too much in it from the factory. When the engine was cold it was showing at or a little above the full HOT mark on the tank. Seems to be fine now that the excess has finally all leaked out.
So, check the coolant level and make sure it is not to high. I think at most 1/3 full with a cold engine is plenty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts