Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I have been persuaded :flag_of_truce:to show the process I went through to convert my D120 non-quick attach loader bucket to the H120 quick attach style. I did this conversion 3 years ago but I took pictures in case I ever decided to do a write up. Some of you may be thinking "why didn't I just spend an extra $700 and get the H120 in the first place?". At the time, I didn't want my tractor cost to exceed $20000 with a loader, MMM and 260 backhoe so one of my cost cutting measures was in the loader design. I never take the loader off so the pin style loader mounting is still the same and does not bother me but I soon realized I HAD to have quick attach function in the bucket so I could get Artillian's forks. The first picture shows everything you will need to do the conversion. Sorry, I don't have part numbers but the stuff was pretty easy to get through my John Deere dealer. The parts total was roughly $400 and consisted of the 2 main quick attach arms, upper hooks and lower pins for the bucket and the equalizer shaft. The second picture is a good closeup for all of you H120 loader owners that never see this permanent setup. As you can see the only way the bucket can come off is by removing 4 pins. Even after removing the pins there is still no easy way to install forks. I removed the pin-on bucket and cut all of the welded brackets off of the D120 bucket to start with a clean slate. I then mocked up the new upper hooks and lower pins and welded them to the bucket. The gray primer looking stuff you see on the bucket is actually weld-through primer. I didn't want to weld the brackets to the bucket and leave bare metal underneath to start the immediate process of rusting so I used weld-through primer. It's great stuff and our body shop uses it all the time. It contains metal particles that allow current flow when welding, giving you rust prevention and good penetration. Once everything was welded on I repainted in John Deere green and swapped over the quick attach arms on the loader itself. The quick attach arms were pretty easy and straight forward so I didn't take pictures of that process.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Great write up and pictures. I read the posting and was looking for the pictures, thought WOW either I'm blind ,computer not working or you didn't post the pictures. OH wait I was reading this post as you was posting the pictures. :laugh::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I forgot to hit the upload button lol

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Yeah, I forgot to hit the upload button lol
I almost picked up the monitor up, to see if the pictures was on the back side. Or like I had posted of going blind, even went to a larger screen size to see if pictures were super small. :dunno::dunno:

:lol::lol:

:bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Looks great fuelhog, thanks. You lost me at "weld". I also have the bolt on bucket, but it has never been too big of an issue for me. For some reason I have never had much need for forks.:hide:

·
Banned
419 Posts
70a

Just watched a video of your 70a loader. You can make it work with very little effort I feel. Use the existing channels on the bucket where the attachment pins are, Ten order the Artilian adapter plates or make two, They are mirror images of each other. Then make a channel to match the on on the bucket and a flat face. Mount the upper hook Deere sells them and drill a 1 3/16 hole for the pin to go in to latch the bucket to the loader and your all set

·
Registered
81 Posts
I never thought of using a plate on the loader side. Kinda just assumed the loader arms would not be the same width. This would work, thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
419 Posts
Loader

I never thought of using a plate on the loader side. Kinda just assumed the loader arms would not be the same width. This would work, thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Just use the measurements or buy the adapter plate from Artillian and make sure you can nook other items to it that are standard to the QA. You already have the channel on the bucket. If I recall a 3/8 by 17 by 8 will work great for the bucket side and them match that to the loader side. Use two channel or even straight 3/8 by 3 flat stock and drill your holes mount it with the pins then clamp the plate squared and tac it in place. The remove weld the plate. mark and drill your pin hole first then place the hook and tac it in place. Not hard at all once you get started

1 - 14 of 14 Posts