Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, on the 1026r has anyone noticed on the lower left on the dash below the light switch there is a cutout for a switch, like a rocker switch? I pulled the blank out of the dash and can't see any accessory wire harness available. I recently installed a linear actuator to my deflector chute on my blower and was looking for a good place to install a switch to operate it. Has anyone done this before? I was looking for a neat install with a removable harness to be remove each time you want to take the blower off. Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I thought that it might be something for the European model, but my parts manual does not show anything for that area of the dash. It does show that there should also be a cutout next to the PTO switch - I can't verify that on mine since it's down in the barn, but on the European model that is for the hazzard lights. Sorry that I could not tell you what that area below the light switch is for.

It sounds like you found a great location for your chute deflector switch - good luck with that - and post pictures!!:bye:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Welll, so much for my hunch. I thought that it might be for the cruise control. The 2305 is electric/mechanical and has a switch on the dash. But it looks like the 1026 has the standard mechanical like on my 2520. For anyone interested here the mechanisms. The first diagram is the 2305.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Welll, so much for my hunch. I thought that it might be for the cruise control. The 2305 is electric/mechanical and has a switch on the dash. But it looks like the 1026 has the standard mechanical like on my 2520. For anyone interested here the mechanisms. The first diagram is the 2305.

LOL, I went to JD and looked it up too. That was my first thought.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I recently installed a linear actuator to my deflector chute on my blower and was looking for a good place to install a switch to operate it. Has anyone done this before? I was looking for a neat install with a removable harness to be remove each time you want to take the blower off. Thanks
AQUINT,

Below is a link to a thread I posted previously. Whereas my switch installation was on a 2320 and 2520, I thought it might help (post #5). I used a heated exacto knife to make my cutout.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/for...JD-2320-Electric-Actuator-(for-snowblower)-II

Regarding the "removable harness"...are you speaking of when connecting/disconnecting the electrical from the tractor or removing all the wiring when not needed in the summer? If you are looking at leaving your wiring on the tractor and a way to connect/disconnect the eletrical wiring from the snowblower, see post #7. I used a 2 point connector. I apologize if I misunderstood your statement and this wasn't the info you were looking for.

Regardless, best of luck with your install and like the others...would love to see your pics.

lost

·
Registered
179 Posts
Switch blank

I installed a horn button just above that mysterious blank cover. I didn't see any other dead end wire harness. Maybe I can use the space for a switch to turn on the mirrored ball hanging from the rops.:lol::nunu:
Sorry
KHOP

·
Registered
77 Posts
A standard switch hole

Gents,

That space is cut for a standard John Deere electrical switch. If you compare it to the hole where the turn signal rocker is installed, you will find them to be the same.

I bought a John Deere light switch intended for a 3000 series cab tractor and I intend to use it to run a separate circuit for high mounted lighting on my ROPS bar. The switch cost me 23 dollars and it maintains the original John Deere professional appearance.

Gord

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Gents,

That space is cut for a standard John Deere electrical switch. If you compare it to the hole where the turn signal rocker is installed, you will find them to be the same.

I bought a John Deere light switch intended for a 3000 series cab tractor and I intend to use it to run a separate circuit for high mounted lighting on my ROPS bar. The switch cost me 23 dollars and it maintains the original John Deere professional appearance.

Gord
If that's true (which we know it is because you just told us:laugh:) then any standard Carling-type rocker switch will fit. Marine stores have waterproof ones, and this place has some cool ones also:
http://www.otrattw.com/index.php

Reactions: RandyM
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.