Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning one and all..

Ive been having an issue with my foot pedals not returning and feeling sluggish etc. Went underneath and used air compressor to blow out debris and dust from linkages etc. I noticed that there are two bearings with black plastic "supports" on two sides of one linkage. The supports plastic edges are worn away and it leaves a bunch of play in the linkages so I was thinking that may be the issue. Ive put them back into place but they've come out again. Has anyone replaced these? Im trying to find out if its a home job or time to go to the dealer to do it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Which items on this illustration looked worn?

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
I can't tell you much of anything, other than my 1026R that I took delivery of brand new in Nov. 2011, has never had any issue with the pedals. Good luck and keep us posted

·
Super Moderator
2,199 Posts
Agree with xcopterdoc. From what I've read, #14, the shock causes the problem with foot pedals not returning properly.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
There have been other members who have had issues with the "shock absorber" looking item, which Deere calls a shock absorber, which is number 14.

A couple of members actually had this come disconnected and simply reattaching it was all it took. At least one other member I recall had the item replaced.

This item, #14, takes all of the slop out of the pedals and makes their return smooth and it gives them a smooth feeling when you push either pedal. It also makes the pedals have the same feeling of resistance, regardless of position of the pedal or regardless of which directional pedal you are pushing.

If you have an issue with the tractor not stopping promptly like it always had when releasing either or both of the directional pedals, this is usually the culprit for that issue as well............

If that is what is wrong with your tractor, it is part number LVA22539 and sells for about $56.75......

Usually, the biggest issue with replacing it is gaining the access to it. Replacing it is very easy once you have access to it. It is held on with a cotter pin on one end and a nut on the other.

Of course, it's possible for other items in the linkage to have worn, which would likely cause the pedal to seem sloppy and not as responsive as it should be. If your pedals don't come back to their original position when released, it's often this shock absorber.

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Generally, item 14 is the trouble maker.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Agreed... But the OP mentioned that he saw two bearings with black plastic "supports" that appeared to be worn away.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Agreed... But the OP mentioned that he saw two bearings with black plastic "supports" that appeared to be worn away.
Where are those at exactly? Hmmm..I will have to look at a Chinese blue print tomorrow.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,156 Posts
Where are those at exactly? Hmmm..I will have to look at a Chinese blue print tomorrow.
I couldn't figure it out myself which is why I posted the parts illustration and asked the OP to point out the part he thought was worn out. I am waiting for his response.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Which items on this illustration looked worn?

Thank you for the replies. The items are 23 and 1. I believe that 23 is the black plastic piece thats popped out. There are two, one on each side that move around a bunch and both pop out of the support which is the section of metal that has a rounded bottom hole with a straight flat top. Ill try and grab a photo. If it is the shock absorber is there a way of testing it or checking to see if in fact thats the issue?? I may just replace both if they're somewhat easy to get. Thanks again for all your replies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the replies. The items are 23 and 1. I believe that 23 is the black plastic piece thats popped out. There are two, one on each side that move around a bunch and both pop out of the support which is the section of metal that has a rounded bottom hole with a straight flat top. Ill try and grab a photo. If it is the shock absorber is there a way of testing it or checking to see if in fact thats the issue?? I may just replace both if they're somewhat easy to get. Thanks again for all your replies.
does anyone know how hard the replacement of the pedal shock is ???

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
As an aside...I have not had the issue with my 1026R yet, but I only have 400 Hours on it. Law, would you mind telling us how many hours you have on your 1026R? We can know when it might occur then, for the rest of us.:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had to replace the "shock" on my 1026R, was not much of a problem. Actually did it without taking wheel off but it would certainly be easier to remove it.
Just seemed like a lot to do for the replacement once I took a look at the whole thing.

If you can turn a wrench half decent you can do it.

Frightful thing was the it just happened and suddenly I had to balance the pedals to stop, forward or backwards., then of course I had toe deal with the "dimple" on the seat!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Also, if you haven't and would like to do an RIO bypass, the switch you tie wrap back is right next to it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok good ideas. Tractor has 580 hrs on it. Ill try and see if i can replace the shock as well as the two bearing parts i think may do it.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just wanted to give a quick update. i finally had time to get a few hours to work on my foot pedal issue. The pedal absorber was replaced and was actually pretty easy to do. Removed back tire and was able to get it without much trouble with exception of getting a retaining clip over one end after it was installed .Just a little tight to get the hands around in a small space. The bearing/mounting issue on the foot pedals itself turned out to be the mounting bolts for the foot plate on the tractor itself. They connect to a bracket underneath the tractor which is connected to the pedal rods that house the bearings. There was enough movement in the rod that allowed the bearing to pop out of the bracket. Put the bolts on again and tightened everything up and alls well. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts