Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody come across a decent front mount snowblower setup for a 2012 1026R? Dealer price is too hard to swallow! Any help locating aftermarket or even a good homebrew setup would sure be appreciated! Getting close to that time of year again and I don't want to have to spend another year getting a "crick" in my neck looking behind me pushing a rear blower! Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the big price hit on this is if its your first front mount PTO driven item, due to the fact you have to purchase the quick hit components in addition to the front pto kit.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Last winter a member posted a thread on an aftermarket front mount snowblower that looked impressive. It had a steel impeller and I believe a chute actuator standard, not to mention they appeared well built. I don't know if the Quick Hitch was a JD component or aftermarket. For the life of me, I can't remember the brand. You can do a search of snowblower threads from last winter.....

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
While not exactly cheap, I didn’t think the price of my front mount blower was too bad. At least not compared to the mmm and loader.:gizmo:

The jd 54” blower works well. It would be better if it was 6” taller.

Frontier has a front blower for the one series tractors. I’m not sure how it compares to the jd blower. Berco makes blowers for some small tractors, not sure if they have one for the 1026.

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
While not exactly cheap, I didn’t think the price of my front mount blower was too bad. At least not compared to the mmm and loader. .
Compared to rear 3PH blower options, the price of the 54" front blower with associated hitch parts is CRAZY. You are looking at close to $4500 till you get all the required bits and pieces.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
My 47 was a little over $3K last year. However, I know there was some promotion if you purchased two implements with a new tractor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are out there used although as we get closer to snow season, not so much. 2 months ago I got an almost new 47" blower with the front hitch, prop shaft, and front pto kit for $2200.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Compared to rear 3PH blower options, the price of the 54" front blower with associated hitch parts is CRAZY. You are looking at close to $4500 till you get all the required bits and pieces.
Must have gone up since I bought mine. Don’t remember being that high. Even so , it’s going to cost a fair amount to mount a 3pt blower on the front, unless you happen to have drive shafts, lift cylinders and some iron laying around. Not to mention your time.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Must have gone up since I bought mine. Don’t remember being that high. Even so , it’s going to cost a fair amount to mount a 3pt blower on the front, unless you happen to have drive shafts, lift cylinders and some iron laying around. Not to mention your time.
I don't think he was stating to front mount a 3pt blower.

I have the front 54", bought it in a package used. I like the front blower, but I know that if I had to go purchase a blower new, I'd just get a rear 3pt and be done.

·
Premium Member
11,328 Posts
I don't think he was stating to front mount a 3pt blower.

I have the front 54", bought it in a package used. I like the front blower, but I know that if I had to go purchase a blower new, I'd just get a rear 3pt and be done.
Same here. For the high price of the 47/54" front blower I am very disappointed that JD does not sell any parts for the gear box. Quite frankly you will usually find that when comparing JD's front blowers to a rear blower, the rear blower is made heavier, throws snow farther, is less expensive, is easier to attach/remove and under most circumstances is easier to maintain. They are also tractor independent.

The only downside is travelling in reverse while using it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
They are out there used although as we get closer to snow season, not so much. 2 months ago I got an almost new 47" blower with the front hitch, prop shaft, and front pto kit for $2200.
I did the same thing about 2 years ago. I was into it for just over $2000 including shipping from NE. Location is everything. I looked for several years in my area and never saw anything. Also, I often found packages (further from my house) that were for other tractors and therefore had the wrong quick hitch, implement drive, etc. Since that is about half of the cost for the whole setup, it doesn't make much sense to buy one from another generation of SCUT. I expanded my search nationwide and found some availability. I then negotiated a truck freight arrangement (which was a definite hassle).

I wish there was a better way. In the end, if I was buying new I would probably have bought the 54". But the setup I found was the 47".

Lee

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
I was quoted $2900 for a 54" blower, front PTO, upstops and installation on my X758. (I already have the from QH that I paid $200 for used)

When I priced out the same blower on a 2025R, I was quoted $3825 installed and as the complete turn key kit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If anyone in NE is still looking I just saw this almost new 47" for $1650 - New Haven CT. Still need QH, shaft, etc. but not too bad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts