Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you that have a 1026R know if the optional front weight bracket interferes with the H120 loader
or the deluxe hood guard. In other words, if I am using a tiller and have weights on the front----do I have to remove the optional front bracket to put the loader on? Thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do any of you that have a 1026R know if the optional front weight bracket interferes with the H120 loader
or the deluxe hood guard. In other words, if I am using a tiller and have weights on the front----do I have to remove the optional front bracket to put the loader on? Thanks!
Dealer told me it interferes with the hood/grill guard ... don't know about loader...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 40LBS weights and they work fine with the deluxe hood guard. As far as the optional bracket not sure. I just mount the weights to the standard front mount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
front weight bracket

Aren't your weights so close to the grille that they hit it? I think I can put mine on if I put them on from each side, but I was afraid of breaking the grille.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought would happen when I checked out a 1026r at the dealer. I have a 1026r ordered. It seems as if the optional weight bracket will interfere with the loader or hood guard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
front weights

I have put my front weights on without the optional brackets and they don't seem to hit anything. I hauled about 3 ton of gravel in my dirt scoop and didn't hurt the hood or grille, but you are right it's very close. I know for sure if you use the front quicktach hitch that you would have to remove the accessory weight bracket. I probably will try plowing and if that doesn't bother the grille I won't buy the optional weight bracket.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I know this is an old thread but wanted to answer the question the OP asked in case someone goes searching for the answer.

The optional front weight bracket will make contact with the new style loader stand arm in certain circumstances (when the loader lifts the front tires off the ground) but it will still function fine. I didn't like the contact being made so I did some grinding. You should be able to see the amount needed from the pictures.

I wanted the front bracket but I do not want to take it on and off. It works well as a good bumper, just in case and easily allows weight to be added when needed.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I went with the Heavy Hitch weight bracket around $140 which attaches to required the JD quick hitch support brkt kit LVB26046 around $65. So it is just a matter of pulling 1 quick hitch rod that holds the weight brkt onto the quick hitch support brkts which never need to be removed for any other attachment.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
I went with the Heavy Hitch weight bracket around $140 which attaches to required the JD quick hitch support brkt kit LVB26046 around $65. So it is just a matter of pulling 1 quick hitch rod that holds the weight brkt onto the quick hitch support brkts which never need to be removed for any other attachment.
So you can leave the Heavy Hitch weight bracket on the front with the loader? I'm assuming since it's so easy to take off, might as well just take it off, but curious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
586 Posts
So you can leave the Heavy Hitch weight bracket on the front with the loader? I'm assuming since it's so easy to take off, might as well just take it off, but curious.

Thanks!
I did not have the loader on when I put the weight brkt on, but I think the overall length of the weight brkt would interfere with the 3rd gen loader parking stand. It is easy enough to remove though and you really don't need that extra weight up front with the loader on anyway, I'm guessing the weight brkt alone is about 40lb. I was going to research that when I get my tractor back after getting the SCV and a couple of leaking quick connect couplers replaced, hopefully this week.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Aren't your weights so close to the grille that they hit it? I think I can put mine on if I put them on from each side, but I was afraid of breaking the grille.
I've seen two tractors at the dealer with weights installed with no bracket. They bent the grille putting them in. The sales guy was fairly embarrassed when I pointed it out.

The front weight bracket allows you to install the weights without bending the grille. It does interfere with the FEL.

I use mine when I'm scraping and don't have room to maneuver with the FEL. It's not too time-consuming to install or remove.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bob,

Just curious, you said you had a 1026 ordered. Are 1026's still available?
Check the date of my original post. I have had my 1026R almost 2 years.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Vern,
I am looking at getting the same bracket for my 1025R.. I like the cost and ability to hold the weights kind of our on the ends. My only concern is how well the weights stay on not having bar across the back to lock them on. Have you had any issues with weights bouncing off? I guess one could always clamp them together like you do on larger tractors.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Vern,
I am looking at getting the same bracket for my 1025R.. I like the cost and ability to hold the weights kind of our on the ends. My only concern is how well the weights stay on not having bar across the back to lock them on. Have you had any issues with weights bouncing off? I guess one could always clamp them together like you do on larger tractors.
jklaus,
No, I have not had any issues with bouncing weights.:good2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vern,
The new Heavy Hitch front bracket has a weight hold down bar now. the only thing that I had to do was to grind some of my weights down because they would not allow the bar to pass by.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just used my Heavy Hitch weight bar this past weekend to counterweight my tiller. Works fantastic and I like that it takes 30 seconds to install or remove. The bar is a tight fit with the weights but works well at holding them in place.

Highly recommended if you have the front quick hitch (or even if you don't - the front brackets are comparatively cheap).

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just used my Heavy Hitch weight bar this past weekend to counterweight my tiller. Works fantastic and I like that it takes 30 seconds to install or remove. The bar is a tight fit with the weights but works well at holding them in place.

Highly recommended if you have the front quick hitch (or even if you don't - the front brackets are comparatively cheap).
What is this "front quick hitch"? I bought a TLB with grill and what I believe is a front bumper, not to be used to hold weights directly as there isn't enough clearance between it and the grill. The bumper has the bracket underneath that the mower's front mount slides into and has a few carriage bolt holes on the front of it. Is this the "quick hitch" or do I need to buy an additional piece to leverage the quick on/off of the heavy hitch weight bracket?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts