Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of purchasing a grapple for my 1026 bucket and would like to know the best way to tap into the hydraulic system to run the grapple cylinder. Also, what is the best way to control that hydraulic flow once tapped into? Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Adding a grapple

IMG_1049.JPG You will need to install a power beyond kit, just like the one used for the backhoe. And you will need to add a hydraulic control valve, like on alot of log splitters.
I made my own grapple and used these items to make it work. It does work great.
KHOP

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
The other option is a diverter valve that will effectively "split" or "divert" the dump/curl circuit on the loader to a open/close function with the push of a switch, this is the setup I currently use now and it works quite well.

A search of the term "diverter" will turn up a few threads here. I have been semi-working on Plug&Play kit for the small tractors for quite sometime, but I have unfortunately made little progress. A home-brew setup will cost $400-$500.

What grapple are you getting?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. I'm not sure which one to get. I PM'd Artillian because awhile back they had said they are working on a grapple for their forks. If that's the case I may just buy their forks with a grapple.
The other option is a diverter valve that will effectively "split" or "divert" the dump/curl circuit on the loader to a open/close function with the push of a switch, this is the setup I currently use now and it works quite well.

A search of the term "diverter" will turn up a few threads here. I have been semi-working on Plug&Play kit for the small tractors for quite sometime, but I have unfortunately made little progress. A home-brew setup will cost $400-$500.

What grapple are you getting?

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
663 Posts
I like Kenny am working on multiple diverter kits, but have no complete kits at this time. Starter kits are available though, gets you the valve, all the wiring & switch for the joy stick and generic mounting plate for $335.

·
Registered
150 Posts
fuelhog 2000
Look for my posts titled Grapple on a series 1 and 1026R Grapple Joy Stick.
These will show you in detail how to do all the things you're asking about and include photos and parts lists.

G2.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts