Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Finally completed shed for all things tractor related and otherwise seasonal! A few pic's to show exercise.

Roof structure considerably over built to allow full length electric hoist rail and additional storage suspended from same.

Approx 520 man-hours started May 26, 2012 with moving hill to fit 23 by 16' "L" shaped structure - approx 300 sq/ft. Allows for parking bay on one end and implement/other storage on wide end. Couldn't fit any larger into area so this worked out well in my application.

Everything done in process to allow one person completion, hence the concrete pours (220 80lb bags) in 4 x 4 grids interconnected with re-bar and wire mesh! All screws and several bottles of Gorilla Glue.

Maybe will help with ideas for others!

Attachments

Registered
Good work. I like the hoist.

Don

Registered
Super Nice!:good2:

Can i ask how much you spent on materials?

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Super Nice!:good2:

Can i ask how much you spent on materials?
Including ALL the materials from stone to hinges.....approx 4500.00! The largest single item was concrete bags at about 800.00. The location would have required a pumper truck back some 150' so lots o manual labor by completing in sections instead.
LP Panels 624.00 and 4 sq shingles 308.00.
The rest is lumber, screws, gutters, etc.

Still need another 10 ton of stone for area surrounding and water drainage areas......

Too cold now for floor paint so next spring!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Holy S. That's a lot of bags. Can you elaborate on how you went about your 4x4 squares?
Interior forms have 1/2" holes for re-bar to extend into adjacent pads.....add mesh, tie everything together, pour, set and slide forms off re-bar. By skipping every second pad during the first runs, the remaining pads automatically make the form-work - leveling lines and the re-bar is already there....just add stone, mesh and pour.

All in all worked very well....especially working by myself, attempting too big a pour at one time would be problematic.....of which i discovered about half way through when I tried to double up one pour. I became very busy to stay ahead of setup while still mixing and pouring other end, and getting back to cream the top!!!! Bad idea!!

And some concrete adhesive between pads too!!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Looks nice, I was wondering why you had so much lumber in the roof but with that hoist it makes sense. Nice shed and easy on the eyes too!
I still have to relocate the overhead steel rack I presently have in the garage too. Its truly overbuilt but didn't want any sagging later on. Once completed, there will be a lot of weight suspended from the roof.

Administrator
Great work! Thanks for sharing!

Compact and very efficient. Nice! :thumbup1gif:

Premium Member
Very nice like that lift... I poured our basement one winter . Every weekend would mix enough to do at least a 6x8 or 8x8 section. Had all the gravel and sand down under the garage floor. Borrowed a neighbors electric mixer I think it would do a half a bag on concrete mix at a time. Like you could not get a cement truck down around side of house to pour. The next spring had cement truck bring the concrete for basement floor. Oh house is 26' x 56' and attached garage 26 x 33. Like you tried one double pour one weekend was finishing concrete at 10 pm didn't do that trick again especially working a communication co. and getting call outs any time of the day or night weekdays or weekends.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Borrowed a neighbors electric mixer I think it would do a half a bag on concrete mix at a time. .
I bought a less expensive mixer for this purpose and could get 2 bags in per mix. Each section comprised of approx 13 - 14 bags.....so timing was indeed problematic on larger pours and during the summer months, things happen quite quickly. Came very close to missing the cream/finishing stage on the one oversize i attempted - lesson learned!

Senior GTT Super Slacker
I'm impressed. After reading the other posts I do have one question. From where were the roof pictures taken? I think I can see some sort of deck in one of the pictures. I assume it's nice and close to your house?
Thanks for the write up and I am sure it WILL help others.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
From where were the roof pictures taken? I think I can see some sort of deck in one of the pictures.
The pool and deck sit beside the shed. I had enough room once the hill was removed to get the shed in between the pool and tree line. The other side has the garage and house. The space between the pool and shed is large enough to transit with anything I'll have on the tractor - but there was considerable consternation on that one point prior to building.

Thx to all for the feedback!

Attachments

Premium Member
Just real nice!!!:thumbup1gif:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts